Thread: Savage "Stealth" 6.5 Creedmoor. Review.

Savage "Stealth" 6.5 Creedmoor. Review.

Did you get weight on the rig fully loaded? My brother is mulling a long-range rig for all his hunting out west.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Did you get weight on the rig fully loaded? My brother is mulling a long-range rig for all his hunting out west.
    I did not as the scope combo that I chose may not reflect what others might. Same for the Bi Pod.

Who makes the stock?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    The chassis system is Modular Driven Technologies. Looks like the LSS but may be some slight alteration.

They're just up the road from me here.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Handled the Savage today. Not sure how you can quickly work the tang safety with the pistol grip. Also, the fore end seemed extremely thin for serious shooting without the bipod. Would like to handle a chassis with more meat forward.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Handled the Savage today. Not sure how you can quickly work the tang safety with the pistol grip. Also, the fore end seemed extremely thin for serious shooting without the bipod. Would like to handle a chassis with more meat forward.
    Also saw one of these at LGS and agree with the above comments. Got prone in the store and couldn't get a good head position on that buttstock. Plus it ships with a 0 MOA rail, but there's a reason these are selling for under a grand on GB.

If it is the MDT LSS chassis, I think that is what Lost River used for his Tikka.
    Last edited by DamonL; 12-18-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Site Supporter
    I handled a tikka in an LSS at my LGS. Loved it. I plan on getting one for a Remington 700. I think Tiimnry makes a trigger with the safety in the trigger guard similar to an M1 farand

User Tag List