Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Veterans Back on Patrol, This Time to Protect Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No,these guys knowingly and willingly are carrying firearms in furtherance the operation of an organization which is breaking federal drug trafficking laws. The fact that you disagree with those federal law does not change that any more than the fact that these guys are white and wearing collared shirts. Under federal law these guys are no different than Ray-Ray guarding a Trap house.
    You missed my point.

The federal government should not have the legal authority nor legal tools to do such a thing, period.

I do find it interesting that we want limited federal government when it comes to business, but not when it comes to drugs or abortions or guns...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The federal government should not have the legal authority nor legal tools to do such a thing, period.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but 6 opinions that count more than yours decided you are wrong in 2005. Antonin Scalia was one of those 6.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Not sure I'm getting your point here. Are you suggesting that the private security guards could be charged with a federal crime? Private security guards are merely providing protection for a premises, building, and contents; regardless of the nature or knowledge of those contents.

Seriously, I could hire a private security guard to stand in front of a building with a drug dealer inside and the guard could know a drug dealer lives there, but that should not make him an accessory to drug trafficking. But far be it for me to inject common sense into our inane, archaic, and moronic drug laws.
    Not suggesting it, they absolutely can be, and some who have done exactly that have been charged and convicted of such crimes.

http://wavy.com/2015/04/30/13-curren...rug-operation/

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/O...368235611.html

http://www.denverpost.com/2008/12/02...-drug-dealers/

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field...g-drug-dealers

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    My understanding is Blue Security is only guarding and moving the money. Not dealing with The weed side of the business.
    Using firearms to protect the proceeds of drug trafficking is using or carrying a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking. It does not matter that they don't actually handle drugs, or even if they are claiming that their purpose is to protect the cash, not the drugs, they are furthering the drug trafficking crime.

Site Supporter
    The USAG's Office issued this wishy-washy memorandum in 2013, for those interested in such "interpretations/policies/legislation." It's interesting to compare this with some of the interpretations about firearms, gunsmiths, etc.

https://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/reso...2756857467.pdf

So, I work as a security guard at a federal installation in Colorado and a pot farm set up shop right outside the main gate. The other day at line up we were told the pot farm had called to tell us about suspicious folks sneaking around in the area between the farm and our installation. We all pretty much figured whoever they spotted weren't interested in us. I figure they spotted someone sniffing around their place and were hoping that they could get us to increase patrols in that area and chase off the miscreants for them.

The majority of Mexican restaurants (including the one I'm sitting in right now) are cartel investments.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The majority of Mexican restaurants (including the one I'm sitting in right now) are cartel investments.
    I'd be interested in knowing more about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing more about this.
    Restaurants/bars are an easy way to invest a lot of cash and an easy way to launder a lot of cash.
    Also an easy way to keep a lot of girlfriends/mistresses on the payroll.

There are a lot of Mexican bars with no cars in the parking lot that deposit thousands of dollars a day (and the full liquor bottles walk out the back door about as fast as they're delivered).
    Own a bar.
    Buy liquor wholesale, 1 $20 liter ($35 retail) is good for 22 $5 shots. On paper you made $100 profit on that bottle.
    Sell that bottle out the back door for $25.
    Basically you laundered $110 in cash for every bottle of Vodka you have in the bar.
    Repeat that for 10, 20 or 50+ bottles a day, 6 days a week through 5 bars. Pretty soon you're laundering real money.
    Pay your mistress $1000 week to be a "waitress", Uncle Tio is the bartender...
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-09-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List