Thread: Beretta 92 G right side lever roll pins

Beretta 92 G right side lever roll pins

Anybody have a fancy trick for getting the right-side decocking lever reinstalled on a "G" Beretta 92? I don't think I have enough hands to hold the lever down, hold a tiny roll pin in place, and tap it in with a hammer and punch...

Thanks!
    -C.J.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicToaster View Post
    Anybody have a fancy trick for getting the right-side decocking lever reinstalled on a "G" Beretta 92? I don't think I have enough hands to hold the lever down, hold a tiny roll pin in place, and tap it in with a hammer and punch...

Thanks!
    -C.J.
    I'll take a picture later - there is a trick to how you hold it...

Looking forward to it, I've got a G and I'm rather nervous about stripping the slide should the need arise.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Sorry - fell off my list of things to do yesterday... I'll post a picture later tonight...

Sorry - got super busy here for the last few days. Kiddo was sick, wife is sick and work is kicking my ass.

The trick is to fit the right side lever, start a roll pin with a needle nose plier until the wing doesn't fall out.

Once that is started, you need a 1/16" roll pin punch ...

Use "the spider monkey" grip - the little protrusion on the roll pin punch will keep it centered. Tap-tap-tap-lightly does it.

Last edited by Sal Picante; 09-14-2016 at 10:18 PM.

User Tag List