Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear Auction

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Received the holster today and after a few dry draws I wore it to dinner to get a feel for how it rides.

Initial impressions:
    - As with my other DSG products, it's very well made.
    - Concealment is equal to or better than my Eidolon with a similar ride height (excellent).
    - Retention is a solid pop and takes a fair bit of force to overcome, after which it's basically a gun bucket. It's not quite as smooth out as the Eidolon, however -- the top of the holster seems to provide some drag. Wearing good leather for the past two months has spoiled me on the drawstroke, and thus I had to re-acquaint myself with a kydex draw.
    - Comfort is very good. The thin-ness of the holster really shines here.
    - The clip is very stable.
    - Changing the ride height on the clip isn't fun, but that's a set-it-and-forget-it kind of thing.

Removing the retention/claw screws helps. I assembled 50 of them this weekend in like 20 minutes. Probably should mention that somewhere.

The retention is quite adjustable. Top and bottom influence how the click feels. The bottom down a half turn will open the top and make it feel faster.

Curious on the drag as the clearances built in are as generous as ever with my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Tom, I was going to send you an email but this will do. You've outdone yourself. I've owned almost all the true AIWBs at one point or another. This is my favorite. I second everything ssb said except I'm more of a kydex guy now and I vastly prefer your method of retention. Makes for a smooth draw and more importantly, a predictable reholster (if it isn't easy, stop cuz something's fucky). All around it is very well thought out.

Also, I'm developing a sympathy bump of freshman proportions (growing faster than she is) so I'm very interested to hear what you come up with regarding wedge tech.

Thanks again!
    Glad to hear! I've had around 5 different design ideas dating back to 2010 or so and have evolved them all. I REALLY wanted to avoid the RCS claw just because I didn't wanna clone another holster but it's hard to avoid given how well it works. This has become close to the elusive plastic 5Shot SME I've been working on since the first teaser pic was posted.

Any complaints or suggestions please pass along.

As for the pad... It's just a time issue. Too many irons in the fire. I'll have a tester out to all the folks here soon though.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

We haven't officially released this yet as its not final. Won't see changes meaningful to the user but production isn't finalized. In the mean time we're making them anyway and treating it as a soft release. If interested shoot us an email. They're right handed Glock only so if you're shooting a 19/17 you're in luck.
    Dark Star Gear

Dark Star Gear Auction

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    This has become close to the elusive plastic 5Shot SME I've been working on since the first teaser pic was posted.

I have been dreaming of a kydex sme as well [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ob1sbo; 09-19-2016 at 07:21 PM.

They break. We've got limited ability to allow plastic to flex and a kydex SME exceeds that ability. Kydex T, Kydex 100, and Boltaron 4332 are all quite close and just don't cut it.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

They break. We've got limited ability to allow plastic to flex and a kydex SME exceeds that ability. Kydex T, Kydex 100, and Boltaron 4332 are all quite close and just don't cut it.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Oh, don't you worry... Fuck that shoe insert. Got something that you'll love in the works.
    Vaporware
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

We haven't officially released this yet as its not final. Won't see changes meaningful to the user but production isn't finalized. In the mean time we're making them anyway and treating it as a soft release. If interested shoot us an email. They're right handed Glock only so if you're shooting a 19/17 you're in luck.
    I decided to get in on the fun and as luck would have it, Tom already had one pressed in the color I wanted...so I'll be camping out by the mailbox over the next couple of days.

I asked Tom to provide an image showing what the grip / belt clearance looked like and he was kind enough to supply the following image.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I decided to get in on the fun and as luck would have it, Tom already had one pressed in the color I wanted...so I'll be camping out by the mailbox over the next couple of days.

I asked Tom to provide an image showing what the grip / belt clearance looked like and he was kind enough to supply the following image.

That's the middle setting with a smidge over 1/4" either way with room to go much lower.
    Dark Star Gear

I think that setting "should" work for me. I can't see going any lower but I might consider going higher.

Should know late this afternoon since the USPS site shows the holster arrived at the local P.O. this morning.

Regardless, thanks Tom for hooking me up so quickly.

I've been wearing mine all week without a muzzle wedge, including on two runs around 2.5 miles. I'm a big fan but I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for the wedge to come out. Concealment without it is adequate but not quite perfect. It works in a untucked button up shirt but not a t-shirt, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List