Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear Auction

Paid. I like this idea as well. Thanks Tom.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I can see the inclination to think it's hokey. But, I think it works and people like to bid on stuff.

This is a place that encourages good natured and positive competition. I think this sort of auction sale fits that philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paid.

Personally I think this was a win-win for everybody. Good idea -- hopefully it'll happen more in the future.

Oils and Lotions SME
    I think it's a pretty good idea.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    All holsters are out, tracking info sent out.

Thanks again!
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Got mine today. I'm wearing it now doing some dry fire. I love the level of retention, the options for ride height, and the small footprint on the belt. With my build, I need some kind of wedge at the muzzle end to really tuck the grip/slide end towards my body. I still have a Dr. Scholl's heel pad left from when I was messing around with those. I just have to pick up some velcro tape. Once I get some kind of muzzle wedge on there, this holster will likely replace my Raven Concealment Eidolon, which I like but absolutely hated the weak retention of. I'm really digging this DSG holster so far.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 09-14-2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Got mine today. I'm wearing it now doing some dry fire. I love the level of retention, the options for ride height, and the small footprint on the belt. With my build, I need some kind of wedge at the muzzle end to really tuck the grip/slide end towards my body. I still have a Dr. Scholl's heel pad left from when I was messing around with those. I just have to pick up some velcro tape. Once I get some kind of muzzle wedge on there, this holster will likely replace my Raven Concealment Eidolon, which I like but absolutely hated the weak retention of. I'm really digging this DSG holster so far.
    Oh, don't you worry... Fuck that shoe insert. Got something that you'll love in the works.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Oh, don't you worry... Fuck that shoe insert. Got something that you'll love in the works.
    Oh you tease.

Received the holster today and after a few dry draws I wore it to dinner to get a feel for how it rides.

Initial impressions:
    - As with my other DSG products, it's very well made.
    - Concealment is equal to or better than my Eidolon with a similar ride height (excellent).
    - Retention is a solid pop and takes a fair bit of force to overcome, after which it's basically a gun bucket. It's not quite as smooth out as the Eidolon, however -- the top of the holster seems to provide some drag. Wearing good leather for the past two months has spoiled me on the drawstroke, and thus I had to re-acquaint myself with a kydex draw.
    - Comfort is very good. The thin-ness of the holster really shines here.
    - The clip is very stable.
    - Changing the ride height on the clip isn't fun, but that's a set-it-and-forget-it kind of thing.

Tom, I was going to send you an email but this will do. You've outdone yourself. I've owned almost all the true AIWBs at one point or another. This is my favorite. I second everything ssb said except I'm more of a kydex guy now and I vastly prefer your method of retention. Makes for a smooth draw and more importantly, a predictable reholster (if it isn't easy, stop cuz something's fucky). All around it is very well thought out.

Also, I'm developing a sympathy bump of freshman proportions (growing faster than she is) so I'm very interested to hear what you come up with regarding wedge tech.

Thanks again!
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List