Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dark Star Gear Auction

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I happened to call him yesterday in the early evening out of the blue to discuss an idea or two I had regarding the metal spring clip and fitting the holster to both leather and nylon gun belts. Naturally, Tom not only had given those subjects thought already...but had already been tinkering with solutions, both elegant and those of a more Rube Goldberg nature.

Add to that that Tom always makes your phone call seem welcome and is generous with his time and it's an overall experience that's hard to beat.

I picture him as a mad scientist in his kydex holster lab always just a few little touches away from the next cool thing.
    I know this is an old ass post, but i just wanted to chime in and say i just had a similar experience with him. Called him on a saturday and he spent a good hour on the phone with me talking about all sorts of things holster related. He really opened my eyes to how much thought he's actually put into these things, and never once gave the impression i was annoying him by calling him on a saturday while he was busy working on his house lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
    I know this is an old ass post, but i just wanted to chime in and say i just had a similar experience with him. Called him on a saturday and he spent a good hour on the phone with me talking about all sorts of things holster related. He really opened my eyes to how much thought he's actually put into these things, and never once gave the impression i was annoying him by calling him on a saturday while he was busy working on his house lol.
    Good deal, Les. Not surprised in the least.

I've spent a few more hours with Tom on the phone since that conversation you reference...sometimes it's even about holsters.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List