Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: IDPA Distinguished Master

I'm not going to cherry pick the classifiers, that really isn't productive. The point of shooting 5-gun in IDPA was to develop my skills while shooting.

For the USPSA GM thing, I'm just going to practice the "skills" of the classifier, which are really just the fundamentals of marksmanship at Warp 8. I want to be a better shooter, so simply gaming my way into it doesn't really help. Ideally, I want to be presented with a classifier that I've never shot before and shoot 95-100% on because I've increased my skills, not because I've cherry picked the easy ones.

Im lucky as well that up here in the PNW I could shoot 4 classifiers a month if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    For the USPSA GM thing, I'm just going to practice the "skills" of the classifier, which are really just the fundamentals of marksmanship at Warp 8. I want to be a better shooter, so simply gaming my way into it doesn't really help. Ideally, I want to be presented with a classifier that I've never shot before and shoot 95-100% on because I've increased my skills, not because I've cherry picked the easy ones.
    If I recall correctly, you said you were going to try this in Production---are you classified in Production yet at all? Or just getting started?

I will say that if you can get your skills up to shooting 95%+ on a classifier that you haven't ever shot before, in only one year---"grandbagger" isn't going to be what people will call you.

Good luck!

In Production, no I'm not classified. I'm a B-class Single Stack shooter. I would have made A-class, but I had some gun issues with the gun/ammo combo I was running at a recent classifier match.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    In Production, no I'm not classified.
    Just remembered your goal---how's it going? Had much chance to shoot USPSA classifiers?

Coming back to Area 5 this year?

I've shot one production and one l10 classifier so far since then, the L10 classifier was high 70s with a stock M&P40 and the Production was mid 50s with a stock Sig P250. It was also the first match with the P250, so I figure I'll do better with it this weekend.

User Tag List