Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 340 vs 442/642

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    It's discontinued?? Glad I got mine when I did.
    That version is. They have a newer version of the 105, like these on my 638...

Current 105s on the 638 on the left, 405s on the 640 on the right...

Last edited by Imaposer2; 09-06-2016 at 06:29 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Not LSP, but I am a total convert to the M&P340 as "The J frame". Wayne and I are both using them extensively for back up and discrete carry. Both have APEX kits and no locks. I am using Mike's boot grips for carry and I have a set of real Spegel wood boot grips if I want it to look good. It is really the state of the art snub in my mind with its sights, materials, construction, etc. Do I like shooting it a lot...no. It is the bottom end of light and I have 640's as trainers if I want to shoot a bunch. I think they are just very "capable" while in the lightest, smallest package I would every use.

This will teach me to turn off my laptop and watch tv! Thanks for the very quick response. I don't now why I decided to doubt my LEO buddy on this one as he has been absolutely perfect in everything he has suggested for me. Doesn't matter if it was a flashlight, knife, or firearms, he has nailed it. I had a gut feeling about this one and will now seek to scrounge up the extra $$$ to make it happen - hopefully sooner rather than later. VERY much appreciated.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post495488

Yes. IME that isn't so.

I have multiple J frames in .38 Special and .357 Magnum, mostly with 1 7/8" barrels, from the scandium alloy lightest weight models to solid steel models.

The steel 1 7/8" barreled guns all seem to be regulated such that POI corresponds to POA for 158gr+P loads, best exemplified with Remington's premium LSWCHP.

NONE of those guns hit to POI with lighter weight rounds, with Gold Dot .38 Special+P 135gr JHP having been tested most consistently among all of them. The lighter Speer rounds consistently hit low.

The scandium alloy guns (340PDs, ostensibly in .357 Magnum) OTOH are very close to having POI = POI with said Gold Dot+P 135gr JHP load, but hit high with 158gr Winchester, Remington and Buffalo Bore +P LSWCHP loads.

[QUOTE=UNK;495335]Can someone clarify something for me. Are the 158 grain hitting aprox same POI/POA as the 130
    Last edited by UNK; 09-06-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Yet another PF thread has cost me money.
    Ordered a no-lock 340 with Express sights today.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Yet another PF thread has cost me money.
    Ordered a no-lock 340 with Express sights today.
    You will be happy and also find it surprisingly "useful".
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I have a Sc/Ti 360, but hate the dust bunnies that pack in around the hammer.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I have a Sc/Ti 360, but hate the dust bunnies that pack in around the hammer.
    Me too. Which is why I buy canned air by the case at Sam's, and blow that shit out/away every other day. Gee, it takes at least 30 seconds... how can I stand it???

Don't you screw up my excuse for buying the 340.

Don't you screw up my excuse for buying the 340.
    Forgive him, he's not just his normal curmudgeon, he has an excuse this time. Obviously, they left the "smart ass" lobe of his brain fully intact.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-07-2016 at 11:04 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    And here I am thinking that the money this thread might cost me will be for a 640...

User Tag List