Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 30s and Glock 30 gen4

Site Supporter

Glock 30s and Glock 30 gen4

I am having trouble deciding between the Glock 30s and the Glock 30 gen4. I am thinking of using a JM Custom Kydex IWB holster with a 25 % cant and a Surefire XC1.

The 30s slide is not as wide but does that matter when concealing the firearm considering the frame is the same width (an assumption)? A 30s holster may be slimer in one area due to the slide compared to a 30 gen4 holster but the same width in another area due to the frame size.

Trigger pull is important to me. I like to put an oem minus connector in my gen3 glocks. I have tried some nice trigger pulls on gen4 45 guns and some that were stiff (all with the new dot connector). Does anyone know if the 30s has gen4 trigger internals? (Detailed info. is what i am after). I tried the trigger pull on a 30s today and it "felt" like a gen4 trigger. I was unable to check to see if it had a dot connector.

If anyone has carried both IWB, please advise if the 30s was more comfotable or not than the 30 gen4. And thanks in advance.

Its my understanding that the 30S slide is similar to the 36 slide (which is similar to the 19 slide). When I had my SME holster made, I still had a 36 and told John to make both guns work with the same holster. Retention is EXCELLENT with my 19 and just as good with the 36 (that i've since sold). I keep telling myself that I'd like to try a 30S but havent picked one up yet.

I carried a G30 previously and the grip frame was completely manageable, actually carried alot like my G19. Take that for what its worth.

The G30S is a Gen3 (SF) frame and will come with a standard 5.5 pound unmarked connector. A "minus" connector will drop the pull down to ~4.5 pounds.

The G30Gen4 comes with a "dot" connector, resulting in ~5.5 pounds. A "minus" connector will drop the pull to ~5.0 pounds.
    Last edited by L-2; 09-07-2016 at 10:01 AM.

I had a G30 for a while, and currently have a G30S.

The short version is that while the actual measurements may differ only slightly, to me the G30S feels substantially better in the hand, and I very much like the slimmer slide. It is very close to a G19 overall. I knocked down the finger grooves a bit and undercut the trigger guard on mine, and really like the feel. While I prefer a G19 for defense against humans, I find the G30S makes a BUNCH of sense for a sportsman who wants a dual purpose gun for both animals and people.

For me, the G30S is hard not to like.

Better pic of mods:

Site Supporter
    Thank you LOST RIVER, L-2, AND DGI. I like the idea of the heavier slide on the g30 regarding durability and recoil but the people who own a g30s seem to really like it. This is a logical win win question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

The short version is that while the actual measurements may differ only slightly, to me the G30S feels substantially better in the hand, and I very much like the slimmer slide. It is very close to a G19 overall. I knocked down the finger grooves a bit and undercut the trigger guard on mine, and really like the feel. While I prefer a G19 for defense against humans, I find the G30S makes a BUNCH of sense for a sportsman who wants a dual purpose gun for both animals and people.

Better pic of mods:

Lost River, not to intentionally derail the thread (well, not too much), what cartridges are you using for your wilderness carry with your G30S?

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

Better pic of mods:

Lost river, does your g30s show signs of the firing pin dragging on the primer while the barrel is camming down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It hurts me that Glock has not made a flush G30s mag

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    It hurts me that Glock has not made a flush G30s mag
    Meant to quote that not hit like. They make 9 round magazines that are flush.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Lost River, not to intentionally derail the thread (well, not too much), what cartridges are you using for your wilderness carry with your G30S?

Best, Jon
    I would run two loads -- Hornady Critical Duty .45+P as a tough JHP and the Underwood +P load with the Lehigh Extreme penetrator bullet for penetration.
    Last edited by GJM; 11-23-2016 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Spell better
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List