Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Talo Glock 43 & Brass to face

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    For what it's worth, I've been very satisfied with the aftermarket solutions to the problems I've had. Weak ejection in my 2 G17s (3rd and 4th gen) was promptly fixed with an HRED; they both will shuck brass predictably 3-5ft to my 3:30; even weaker imported 115gr stuff. My older G19 required an ejector update but it is performing robustly now as well.
    The fact that you need to buy an HRED or some combo with an APEX extractor and silly games with ejector combos is a gigantic red flag that something is wrong. An entire cottage industry built around Glock not giving two f$cks if the extraction and ejection portion of the cycle of operations is important.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Problem G43? Feed it to your dog ...... Luckily not my photo ;-)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 9153
Size:  48.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The fact that you need to buy an HRED or some combo with an APEX extractor and silly games with ejector combos is a gigantic red flag that something is wrong. An entire cottage industry built around Glock not giving two f$cks if the extraction and ejection portion of the cycle of operations is important.
    If they'd lower the ejection port... That'd be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocks have always done that to some extent. I had a 2nd gen 17 that did it before I even had the internet.

I'm not the type to try to tinker around with it either. Other guns don't do that...

I made the exact same point in the 17M thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Problem G43? Feed it to your dog ...... Luckily not my photo ;-)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 9153
Size:  48.0 KB
    I do not know what it is, but dogs fricking love chewing Glocks. Probably using Chinese kibble in the polymer mix. All of the original chopped Glocks we did way back in the early 90's were dog chew victims. The first was actually a G-23 that looked like that....and got cut and a G27 magazine fitted the week the G27 was released.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

So weird to me.

I'm not a Glock fan boy AT ALL, I love custom CZs and 1911s because I love gun games. However, I've owned about 25 different Glocks from Gen 3 to Gen 4, primarily all 9mm, and everyone of them goes bang, shoots very accurately, and feed reliably. I tend to only see complaints on various gun forums.my original carry G19 had 20k through it with no issues. My G43 will eat that much the rest of the year and I'd be shocked if it had issues

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    So weird to me.

I'm not a Glock fan boy AT ALL, I love custom CZs and 1911s because I love gun games. However, I've owned about 25 different Glocks from Gen 3 to Gen 4, primarily all 9mm, and everyone of them goes bang, shoots very accurately, and feed reliably. I tend to only see complaints on various gun forums.my original carry G19 had 20k through it with no issues. My G43 will eat that much the rest of the year and I'd be shocked if it had issues
    I have several Glocks with over 50,000 rounds through them with zero malfunctions. They are totally capable of making stellar guns with pure reliability in a souless disposable package. The problem is they have also managed to screw that ability up. For all of those "perfect" guns, I have also owned several with some significant issues, and I am talking sell immediately level,of significant issues. One, couldn't even be sold because it was such an abortion that even the Glock LE rep photo'd and documented it as one of those guns "we have heard rumors of, but never seen". Well, contrary to the factory line of "limp wristing" (I was told that after shooting 250,000 malfunction free rounds with 9mm Glocks that I was now limp wristing and causing the issues in my gun.......yeah, right), there are some complete fricking abortions coming out of Glock. I honestly gave up on rolling the dice. I am likely just harbor img because when I finally settled on my "end all, be all" retirement gun, it turned out to be one of the biggest piles of crap I ever owned. Nicknamed the "Spawn of Satan", it was a test bed for the APEX extractor. Overall, I think Glock makes a good gun and recommend them, own them, and like them. With that said, I am very disappointed in some of their business practices.

I have several Glocks with over 50,000 rounds through them with zero malfunctions. They are totally capable of making stellar guns with pure reliability in a souless disposable package. The problem is they have also managed to screw that ability up. For all of those "perfect" guns, I have also owned several with some significant issues, and I am talking sell immediately level,of significant issues. One, couldn't even be sold because it was such an abortion that even the Glock LE rep photo'd and documented it as one of those guns "we have heard rumors of, but never seen". Well, contrary to the factory line of "limp wristing" (I was told that after shooting 250,000 malfunction free rounds with 9mm Glocks that I was now limp wristing and causing the issues in my gun.......yeah, right), there are some complete fricking abortions coming out of Glock. I honestly gave up on rolling the dice. I am likely just harbor img because when I finally settled on my "end all, be all" retirement gun, it turned out to be one of the biggest piles of crap I ever owned. Nicknamed the "Spawn of Satan", it was a test bed for the APEX extractor. Overall, I think Glock makes a good gun and recommend them, own them, and like them. With that said, I am very disappointed in some of their business practices.
    That all makes a lot of sense. I really wish HK had a VP9 that didn't have the paddle. I'd buy one to run in Limited from AIWB for the heck of it

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    That all makes a lot of sense. I really wish HK had a VP9 that didn't have the paddle. I'd buy one to run in Limited from AIWB for the heck of it
    The paddle is a huge benefit in my book, and I cut my teeth on 1911's, SIG's and have a lot of rounds through Glocks. Never found the transition an issue and we never had an issue with my SWAT guys who carried HK's in SWAT and SIG's on patrol. Heck, we had more issues with officers hitting the magazine release on SIGs instead of the de-cocker than we did with issues with the paddle mag release. It was also a HUGE improvement over accidently released magazines in the holster.

User Tag List