Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So I Show Up To Matches Without A Vest

Site Supporter
    That is a good idea!

The mud was awesome. When it pours like that you can get stuck on the range if you wait too long. Supposedly, one guy refused to leave once and got trapped on top of the cowboy action shooting shed for a day to escape the flood. He had to shoot a squirrel and eat it to live.

The truth of this tale - well, it is Texas? A lesson - don't drive a Miata to a TX range in the thunderstorms. When we were fleeing once, Mr. Miata just sunk up to the top of the wheel wells and had to be dragged out. Usual high water rescues today.

The match director said that at the Nationals last week, some guy (highly ranked) refused to tape even after being cautioned to and at the end of the match had annoyed so many that they gave him a FTDR on every stage.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 09-26-2016 at 11:22 AM.

People on both sides of this nonsense really get wrapped with this vest bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by drmweaver2 View Post
    Walmart employees... Lol!

I'll never look at another Wal-Mart employee the same. I'll be dressing them down for their CCW. LOL!

"Hi I'm Gubber. Welcome to Wal-Mart. As a note I'm armed and tactical. So mind your P's and Q's. Have a nice day."
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    TBone550,

I believe you were in my LTT class last weekend.
    Hey, sorry, I don't get on the interwebz often enough to keep up with everything so just got back to this thread. But I thought I should set the record straight that the LTT class I attended was in August '15.

Site Supporter
    I wore my crappy vest that I got from Academic as a seconds for $20. It had a tear in the collar. After the match it went back into the trunk. Put a floppy shirt back on. I did wear a Cthulhu 2016 t-shirt under it. Cthulhu is my sponsor (yuk, yuk!). I like my Glock 17. I hit the 40 yard targets!

User Tag List