Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA LEOs become felons?

Site Supporter

CA LEOs become felons?

https://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legisl...XKTWSfd2lLdh8V

Didn't listen to it but the blurb seems to be of concern. With the new laws, thousands of CA cops may become felons with privately owned weapons and mags, esp. if retired.

What to do? If you do listen to it, might share.

Both of the idiots are part of the problem. The Deputy Chief from SF is okay with waiting periods, bans on 30 round magazines, etc. Well, JackAss, other people have other ideas and you lose. You are either against stupid feel good controls on "things" and severe punishment for misuse or not. You want a massive criminal enhancement for use of 30 round magazines for a crime, knock yourself out. But there is no difference in banning 10 or 30's. It is equally stupid.

Also, these was tested out years ago with a ruling by Brown when he was AG. Nobody said shit and it was applauded by the Calguns folks when he Retro Feloned retired cops......now they are mad about Retro Feloning everyone. Surprise. Now, the cops can be really like everyone.....get out the second you can and take your retirement checks with you.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The rest of us already deal with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    The rest of us already deal with this stuff.
    Not retro active criminal. That started with the LE side and was applauded by the "rest of us deal with this stuff". Prior, stuff owned before was grandfathered or options were available to make them legal.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I'm 95% sure I'm leaving CA at this point. DFW, TX (and the agencies looking for me out there) here I come!

*I know about Dallas, though.

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    I'm 95% sure I'm leaving CA at this point. DFW, TX (and the agencies looking for me out there) here I come!

*I know about Dallas, though.
    Smart move. We are seeing growth here like the California boom. Just vote correctly and find a place where they vote correctly.

The sense here in CA is that LE agencies trade their silence on these asinine gun laws for LE exemptions. I don't know this to be the case, but, regardless, why wouldn't "law enforcement" speak out against gun (violence prevention?) laws which don't prevent gun violence, make criminals of law abiding citizens, cost the taxpayers real money and leave LEO with the unenviable task of enforcing nonsense laws. I can't wait to see how much ammunition is going to cost when the new laws go into effect.

It is complicated...essentially, the upper brass is fully political and support the politicians who keep them there. The same folks are also the ones negotiating with LE unions for wages. The Dems are far more generous in this regard and LE unions find themselves in the position of choosing between long term financial gain and benefits or going with their conscience. There has also been a huge rift created between the gun folks and line LE that used to be on the same side. In a nutshell, line LE has found themselves in a position of protecting themselves on pay and benefits by or siding with those who want to cut those benefits and who also have little or no juice to politically help them. It is a suck situation all the way around. Also.....the Firefighter unions go on pure money. That is always with the Dems at this point. If the LE unions go against that, the level of payback to the officers would be epic in regards to lost wages and benefits.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-03-2016 at 05:02 PM.

PORAC never met a democrat they didn't like.
    I fled CA the moment I was eligible to retire. Been happy here in AZ, which is basically the complete opposite of CA when it comes to guns.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    PORAC never met a democrat they didn't like.
    I fled CA the moment I was eligible to retire. Been happy here in AZ, which is basically the complete opposite of CA when it comes to guns.
    After the Midnight Banzai run out of California with my retro illegal stuff to my homes in AZ and TX, the decision was easy what house was getting sold of the three and where I would be relocating. Needless to say, no longer paying any taxes in California, yet taking three retirement checks out and redistributing that into the Texas and AZ economy's. I was lucky to have had homes outside California. Many do not have that option.

User Tag List