Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: new celebrity designed Glock sights

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Potential issue I see with a detent is that it removes the drift adjustability. At least with the set screw you aren't limited.
    Under what scenario would you drift a properly sighted defensive pistol?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Never. The detent would have to be in the correct spot. And this assumes the sight is properly zeroed based off being centered in the dovetail. As discussed previously on the forum, certain guns may require a slight offset in the notch and therefore would not benefit from an existing detent. Now if you are talking about drilling a detent yourself, that is a fine idea once the gun is zeroed. Heck, I have seen off center set screws on sights as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Taking a break from social media.

new celebrity designed Glock sights

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As a general rule, I want a rear sight that fits securely without a set screw, but in addition has a beefy set screw that I can Loctite as a belt and suspenders solution. I don't want to use a rear sight that relies on a set screw in lieu of a tight fit.
    Exactly. A few years ago I posted pics on social media of 3 different pistols with rear sights that drifted during training sessions. Even after I knock a dude sideways with my slide, his buddies still might need attention, (that requires the sights).

Tight fit + set screws = me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paul Sharp; 09-04-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

If someone is that concerned, have a good smith drill a hole through the rear sight into the the slide a small amount and loctite a screw in. If the gun is zero' for you, and you are training that hard, screw it...literally, and do it right. Another option is to cover the dovetail in loctite when you press the sight in. Lots of options. What I don't like about some set screw set ups is that as you are bearing down on that set screw that is not in a detent is putting upward pressure into the weak part of the dovetail cuts. This is not where I want pressure being applied as you are now opening up that dovetail. Different strokes I guess. I have a 1911 that is an example of done right. It has a set screw in the rear sight, which you can take out and I still cannot get that sight to budge with a hammer and a punch hit as hard as I am willing to ever hit it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Under what scenario would you drift a properly sighted defensive pistol?
    Changing ammo with a different POI
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Changing ammo with a different POI
    Haven't seen many that are going to a different point on windage, but YMMV.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Mike just sent me this. Looks pretty good to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Haven't seen many that are going to a different point on windage, but YMMV.
    I've seen this with Winchester Ranger 147 - hits slightly left with everything I've tried it in, Glock, Beretta, 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Mike just sent me this. Looks pretty good to me.
    This looks a lot better than the pics of the sights alone. Still not my thing, but a little less "planned parenthood "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I've seen this with Winchester Ranger 147 - hits slightly left with everything I've tried it in, Glock, Beretta, 1911.
    My point was sort of that you zero your duty/carry load and lock that. I could not seeing banging sights around when I go out with different loads. If you are working to that level of carrying a punch vise and hammer to the range, adjustable sights are the answer.

I think we are really diving into the minutia on these sights. Don't like them.....don't buy them. Tons of options out there. Have problems of sights sliding in their dovetails, I would contend you have other issues, but if that means you want a set screw...then do it right and have that set screw go into a detent.

User Tag List