Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: new celebrity designed Glock sights

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    So when I get older, what will happen with my beloved .125/.125 combo?
    One of three things will happen. You'll either:

A.) Stick with the combo and make excuses for your ability to shoot

B.) Change to a different front sight/rear notch ratio and make excuses for your ability to shoot.

or

C.) Switch to XS Big Dots because that's all you can see and make excuses for your ability to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Mike just sent me this. Looks pretty good to me.
    That certainly looks lke a decent setup, but quite frankly doesn't seem a lot different from a stock Glock steel sight with the rear sight's white outline blacked out.

And while I don't contest the superiority of the brass bead versus the Glock white dot, I've found the OEM white dot to do a credible job in most situations.

A set of Glock steels costs $20 the last time I checked...

Alternatively, I've been very pleased with Warren Tactical and Warren/Sevigny Carry sights, which in their black-on-black configuration go for about $55.

I understand the philosophy, set-up and qualities of the new sights, but am unsure if their overall value/performance potential matches their initial cost.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 09-12-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Have not installed the sights yet, so can't speak to that, but wanted to share my experience with the gun co, which I never shopped with before. Front sights do not come with a screw. I emailed them and politely asked if this was an oversight, as I'd never purchased replacement sights with no screw for front sight. This was Sat night, as I didn't get the package until I got home late. Within minutes, Kevin Mar had contacted me and said while this was normal, as front sight screw is reused (unless you have an earlier Glock with stake on factories--Gen 1 or 2), he was sending me one first thing Monday with no questions asked and even asked if I had the appropriate front sight tool (which I did). I don't know if they planned to send a tool or what, but this was impressive. First thing Monday, I get notified the screw is on the way. Now this could have been a case of "we don't send a screw, buy one." But their customer service was above and beyond. I was merely asking a question. I'd have been fine with a "we don't do that," but they went ahead and jumped on it super quick and made me a believer in their company. I believe this is how you gain loyal customers and I'll be purchasing from them again. Impressive to me, even though it was a small thing. Like to share the good instead of just the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I ll call Mike next week and ask him. Mike is far from a buffoon and is one of the folks out there with a very solid real life background.

"......solid real life background." WTF Funny.....is this a different Mike Lamb or one that lied about his background for several years??

User Tag List