Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new celebrity designed Glock sights

new celebrity designed Glock sights

A friend showed a pic of these last week. He said the manufacturer used to be an OEM for Salient. Their basepads and mag well do look like the Salient ones, though I guess all the minimal magwells do.

Sights are designed by Mike Lamb (not to be confused with Kyle). Super wide .152 brass bead front with a .140 rear. Not my cup of tea but still interesting.

https://thegunco.com/product/the-gunco-glock-sights/

Name:  GunCoSight1.JPG
Views: 1386
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  GunCoSight2.JPG
Views: 1393
Size:  17.3 KB
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 09-02-2016 at 09:33 PM.

These are like the exact opposite of everything I like in a set of sights. I guess every other good idea was taken so these had to do.
    Last edited by Luke; 09-02-2016 at 11:15 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    These are like the exact opposite of everything I like in a set of sights. I guess every other good idea was taken so these had to do.
    Yep. It's like if some who was zealous about the Trij HD decided to make a the 1960 version.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I could see possibly trying that front site with my 0.156" 10-8 Performance rear sight but running it with a 0.140" rear notch seems like a less than good idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I could see possibly trying that front site with my 0.156" 10-8 Performance rear sight but running it with a 0.140" rear notch seems like a less than good idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    The factory sights are a 160 front with a 140 rear to give you an idea of sight picture.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    A friend showed a pic of these last week. He said the manufacturer used to be an OEM for Salient. Their basepads and mag well do look like the Salient ones, though I guess all the minimal magwells do.

Sights are designed by Mike Lamb (not to be confused with Kyle). Super wide .152 brass bead front with a .140 rear. Not my cup of tea but still interesting.

https://thegunco.com/product/the-gunco-glock-sights/

Name:  GunCoSight1.JPG
Views: 1386
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  GunCoSight2.JPG
Views: 1393
Size:  17.3 KB
    Your friend is incorrect. And it would be an Original Design Manufacturer (ODM).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new celebrity designed Glock sights

Planned Parenthood must fund the guys who did that. It's an abortion of epic levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 09-03-2016 at 01:32 AM.

$103 for the set on sale, seems a bit steep. I am always curious how marketing departments up with the product description. I found my self asking "really, according to who, based on what, compared to what, when used by who, under what conditions" But I have grown quite cynical lately.
    Taking a break from social media.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I like the fact that there is brass bead involved because I'm sentimental. That's about all I like.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 09-03-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I like the fact that there is brass bead involved because I'm sentimental. That's about all I like.
    If you want a brass bead front with sight dimensions that actually make sense on planet earth, 10-8 Performance offers that option. Sort of related, between Sevigny Performance and 10-8, I've not really found a compelling reason to buy any other brand of sights.

User Tag List