Thread: "Jordan Trooper" stocks

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

"Jordan Trooper" stocks

I have pretty big hands. A 9/40 USP full size is pretty good, but a 45 is just right. Getting to the point of this post, my N-frame works a lot better for me with the X-frame grip stretched onto it, but I don't really dig the gumminess and finger grooves.

I'm contemplating having Herrett's make me a custom set of "Jordan Trooper" stocks. I googled this site and found nothing. Just thought I'd see if any of the revolver nuts here have experience with them and can steer me toward or away from this idea.

I have fairly large hands and they're too big for me. Remember that Bill Jordan had huge hands. They were made in the day of farm hands with giant hands. Unless you wear XXL or 3XL gloves you'll likely find them too big. They're WAY bigger than a USP 40. More like Glock 21 with a Hoag slip-on over it.

I think Pachmayr made a plastic copy of them. I may have a set lying around somewhere. They're yours if you want them.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I like them and Herretts makes a good product.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

If you look at Herretts website you actually have to send in a tracing of your hand and a tracing of the frame of your revolver along with a slew of other information. These grips are custom made for your hand size not a one size fits all. In addition if you have particular requirements when you call you will be directed to a gripmaker who will best know how to address your needs.
    Last edited by UNK; 09-02-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

As stated, Herrett's will cut them to your hands. I have fairly big hands & extra long fingers & stock Jordan's are still too big for me. I shook Bill Jordan's hand twice in my life & both times was struck by the "where did my hand go"-ness of the experience. The only other man whose hand could so envelope my hand like that was the pro wrestler Fritz Von Erich.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 09-06-2016 at 06:37 PM.

User Tag List