Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TBT: Heavy Metal On The Job

Today, you're my hero. In spite of those rubber grips of course.

Earlier this week we had night range qualification. Just for giggles I took Baby along and ran her through the qual. course with some old school magnum loads. There were quite a few "oh my god!" type comments from the youngsters. I did feel my age though, when I pulled out a speed loader and one of the kids asked, "What's that?".
    Last edited by Trooper224; 09-02-2016 at 02:57 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    One of my dayshift defectives and I, both in late '50s, decided to show our skinny jeans sleuths what real guns look like today. He's packing his Ruger Security Six 2-3/4 issued to him in the early '80s and I've got my good ol' Model 27-2 Dick Tracy/Gen. Patton Special. Yes, we have Magnums in them and of course we have our G23s handy as well.

Anyone else ever go Ol' School on duty? It is a guilty pleasure I relish.

Attachment 10215
    A blue, 3 1/2" Model 27.... someday... somday...

Site Supporter
    This thread is the shizzle

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This gun needs its own thread! I love Jardine guns!

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Not a revolver or a throwback because I currently carry it and will for years to come, but here is my on-duty pistol. It's heavy and it's metal and I figure this section of the forum is where folks will appreciate it.

Bluing is worn and its a tad looser than it was around 30,000 rounds ago, but the Kart barrel still does its job and I love it. Lives in a Safariland 6280 when in uniform and a Sherrick SIS when not.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not a revolver or a throwback because I currently carry it and will for years to come, but here is my on-duty pistol. It's heavy and it's metal and I figure this section of the forum is where folks will appreciate it.

Bluing is worn and its a tad looser than it was around 30,000 rounds ago, but the Kart barrel still does its job and I love it. Lives in a Safariland 6280 when in uniform and a Sherrick SIS when not.

That is an amazing 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Today, you're my hero. In spite of those rubber grips of course.

Earlier this week we had night range qualification. Just for giggles I took Baby along and ran her through the qual. course with some old school magnum loads. There were quite a few "oh my god!" type comments from the youngsters. I did feel my age though, when I pulled out a speed loader and one of the kids asked, "What's that?".
    I am proud to be under 30 and have 3 speed loaders loaded with .357 Critical Defense in my safe.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 09-03-2016 at 06:58 PM.

That is one of the damn nicest looking 1911s I've ever seen! Pretty range guns and safe queens are fine and dandy, but there's just something about a working gun that shows some honest wear from use! That's just cool as hell, right there. That's what that is...

Site Supporter

Kevin, I also love pictures of "working guns." Thanks for posting yours. Just wondering if you have any pictures of the Sherrick SIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I am proud to be under 30 and have 3 speed loaders loaded with .357 Critical Defense in my safe.
    One HKS each for a K and J-frame plus a speed strip so either can get quickly loaded out of the safe with a reload to pocket. All 158 grain XTP because I'm out of 158 grain LSWCHP. Unfortunately, I've got nothing appropriate for the Dan Wesson in either ammo or barrel shrouds < 6" but it'll make due with the K-frame loader of specials and also work with the strip. Dunno what's with my insistance all pistols in the safe be parked next to a load of carry ammo but not going to stop, either.

Now to resist the urge to go back to daily wheelgun carry.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Kevin, I also love pictures of "working guns." Thanks for posting yours. Just wondering if you have any pictures of the Sherrick SIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I think that makes you some kind of gun hipster.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List