Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TBT: Heavy Metal On The Job

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    One HKS each for a K and J-frame plus a speed strip so either can get quickly loaded out of the safe with a reload to pocket. All 158 grain XTP because I'm out of 158 grain LSWCHP. Unfortunately, I've got nothing appropriate for the Dan Wesson in either ammo or barrel shrouds < 6" but it'll make due with the K-frame loader of specials and also work with the strip. Dunno what's with my insistance all pistols in the safe be parked next to a load of carry ammo but not going to stop, either.

Now to resist the urge to go back to daily wheelgun carry.
    HKS is nice, but this millennial prefers a Safariland with 158gr LSWC 38 specials in the safe next to the revolver....I also don't know why.... it's in the safe which is in the basement...but it seems silly to have a speed loader and not have ammo in it.

It's 158gr LSWC because I have a secret man crush on Jim Cirillo...but my safe is where the wheelgun goes...my everything else gat is the 1911 because I'm secretly an old gun guy.

Now stahp and get off my lawn...I don't need another revolver to come home with me...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I think that makes you some kind of gun hipster.
    I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    HKS is nice, but this millennial prefers a Safariland with 158gr LSWC 38 specials in the safe next to the revolver....I also don't know why.... it's in the safe which is in the basement...but it seems silly to have a speed loader and not have ammo in it.

It's 158gr LSWC because I have a secret man crush on Jim Cirillo...but my safe is where the wheelgun goes...my everything else gat is the 1911 because I'm secretly an old gun guy.

Now stahp and get off my lawn...I don't need another revolver to come home with me...
    Truth be told, if I had more patience/money I would probably be a 1911 person myself.... in due time, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    Dunno what's with my insistance all pistols in the safe be parked next to a load of carry ammo but not going to stop, either.
    I do the same thing... I think the only centerfire pistol in my safe without a loaded magazine or speedloader next to it is my RIA 1911 (my very first pistol, of course)
    Last edited by Nephrology; 09-04-2016 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaposer2 View Post
    Pretty range guns and safe queens are fine and dandy, but there's just something about a working gun that shows some honest wear from use! That's just cool as hell, right there. That's what that is...
    Hell yes.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Awesome thread and duty guns! Makes me long for the days before plastic boobs and guns.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Awesome thread and duty guns! Makes me long for the days before plastic boobs and guns.
    Here now, progress is good in some arenas!
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Awesome thread and duty guns!
    YES!

Makes me long for the days before plastic boobs and guns.

Ummmmm...

Let's not get carried away...
    Last edited by Imaposer2; 09-04-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Not a revolver or a throwback because I currently carry it and will for years to come, but here is my on-duty pistol. It's heavy and it's metal and I figure this section of the forum is where folks will appreciate it.

Bluing is worn and its a tad looser than it was around 30,000 rounds ago, but the Kart barrel still does its job and I love it. Lives in a Safariland 6280 when in uniform and a Sherrick SIS when not.

Sorry for the necro-post.

Is there any chance of these photos being rescued from Photobucket hell? I'm trying to find good resolution shots of a well built and well loved 1911 in the classic style, and from recollection your Jardine checked all the boxes.

Thanks,
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List