Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TBT: Heavy Metal On The Job

TBT: Heavy Metal On The Job

One of my dayshift defectives and I, both in late '50s, decided to show our skinny jeans sleuths what real guns look like today. He's packing his Ruger Security Six 2-3/4 issued to him in the early '80s and I've got my good ol' Model 27-2 Dick Tracy/Gen. Patton Special. Yes, we have Magnums in them and of course we have our G23s handy as well.

Anyone else ever go Ol' School on duty? It is a guilty pleasure I relish.

Name:  Model 27 2  in Dick Tracy Model.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  60.2 KB
    Last edited by coldcase1984; 09-01-2016 at 10:28 AM.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Bravo! Now, not only are you my girlfriends favorite detective, but mine too....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Tempted to get me one of those i-Pizzle wrist-radios and a yellow fedora, too.

Gotta corner my pard Randy and try to grab a shot of his Ruger face-melter.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Caught up with Randy and he set me straight, it's a SS Speed Six made and issued to him in 1982 when he went to Dick Division. Do the math!

If that gun could talk, it'd be OK; statue of limitations have run on 20th Century. It'd sound like a Southern Version of the Hebrew Hammer.

Anyways, he's carrying the HKS in a pocket and the speed strips are mine. The retarded bright and smoky R-P 125s in the one speed strip matches the six in my cylinder. BB 180 WFNGCs are in the other, in case I have to calm a large American automobile or a blue whale attacks outta the Stones River.
    Name:  Randy's Gat.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  68.8 KB

Wish I still had my Speed Six, I ran mine with the factory stocks and a Tyler T-Grip. Was a great off duty gun to my Security Six 4"
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    A 4" M64 from the '70s came home with me about three weeks ago. It is exactly like the one I turned in 27 years ago for Austrian Tupperware. I still have the revolver duty belt. It would be very tempting to wear it on my last day on the job. Problem is, gunbelts have a tendency to shrink over the years...
    Last edited by deputyG23; 09-01-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Not a revolver or a throwback because I currently carry it and will for years to come, but here is my on-duty pistol. It's heavy and it's metal and I figure this section of the forum is where folks will appreciate it.

Bluing is worn and its a tad looser than it was around 30,000 rounds ago, but the Kart barrel still does its job and I love it. Lives in a Safariland 6280 when in uniform and a Sherrick SIS when not.

Last edited by KevH; 09-01-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Not a revolver or a throwback because I currently carry it and will for years to come, but here is my on-duty pistol. It's heavy and it's metal and I figure this section of the forum is where folks will appreciate it.

Bluing is worn and its a tad looser than it was around 30,000 rounds ago, but the Kart barrel still does its job and I love it. Lives in a Safariland 6280 when in uniform and a Sherrick SIS when not.

That looks like my old 70 Series Colt I carried in the mid-late 90s as a patrolman. After I retired it, I had it completely redone. It looks much better now than when it did after being used as a work gun.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    One of my dayshift defectives and I, both in late '50s, decided to show our skinny jeans sleuths what real guns look like today. He's packing his Ruger Security Six 2-3/4 issued to him in the early '80s and I've got my good ol' Model 27-2 Dick Tracy/Gen. Patton Special. Yes, we have Magnums in them and of course we have our G23s handy as well.

Anyone else ever go Ol' School on duty? It is a guilty pleasure I relish.

Name:  Model 27 2  in Dick Tracy Model.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  60.2 KB
    Outstanding brother CC,

As Wayne has been known to say:
    Any outlaw from Texas to Tennessee should be proud to have that hogleg participate in their apprehension.

AAR Heavy Metal, maybe I'm into the spirit of the thing itself but I felt better in the hips and knees this afternoon when my shift ended than I have for a long while, despite carrying a primary roughly twicet as heavy as my G23.

Grampa 609, I've only had this snubby N for a year or so, and ain't taken anyone at gunpoint with it yet. C. '99 we had a plainclothes chase of a notorious badnik in which I broke an axle, lost my 229 in the rumble and snatched my 5-inch 27 out and caught dude a block over. He saw the hollow points grinning at him in the cylinder and turned to surrender. I thereupon punted him w my tiny Size 10 in a semi-somersault. Miss the 20th Century...
    Last edited by coldcase1984; 09-01-2016 at 10:56 PM.

User Tag List