Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety equipped pistols will get me kilt in the streetz?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I also see a lack of consideration of injury... I once had fight where early on my right hand was broken... It would have been a challenge to defeat a thumb safety while still engaged in the physical altercation.
    Yup, in the LE situation there is going to be a lot more likelihood that a gunfight starts after a fistfight escalates.

And I am still in a bit of a quandary on what to recommend to folks that I know are going to shoot some, but not a lot. Shot one of the SDVEs the other day and am half assed considering getting one so people can try it. The more deliberate trigger is what we would all call crappy, but it might be a nice compromise for a less dedicated shooter who is not going to be successful at great distance anyway. The 92D would probably be a good idea for the person who needs point and click, but would maybe be better off with point pull and click. But is its big and (relatively) expensive and discontinued.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-10-2016 at 02:54 PM.

You know generations of kids had loaded guns in the house and managed to not go around shooting people.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminycricket View Post
    Many perspectives in this thread I agree with:

Avoid being flippant in changing platforms.

Dry fire like heck.

If someone has trouble remembering the safety, then I have doubts of them remembering to keep their finger off the trigger and vice-versa.

Make certain the ergonomics work for you.

I'd like to add another manual-safety issue that people tend to bring up is if a child gets ahold of the gun. I always cringe at this. Yes, an extra step might make a difference, but things have already gotten really bad if a child gets ahold of an unsecured gun. I would tell customers at the counter that a manual safety does not make the gun childproof, and if the gun is not on their person in a proper holster, then it must be locked away.

Personally I find the biggest benefit to a manual safety (and a hammer for that matter) is the additional safety cushion when re-holstering. I think that benefit outweighs any possible fear of forgetting to unsafe while under stress.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Dryfire like heck.... with plenty of WHO/SHO work.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

There is a certain level of amusement to be had from the fact that in this day and age, there are people who seem to think that they are the first to ponder that point of contention. Will this Yeager spinoff next post a video recommending either 9mm or 45 over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    He still lists Director of Training for Tactical Response on his resume. Which, by the way, is a masterpiece in the art of "hilarious fluff-work."

http://www.valorridge.com/pages/reid-henrichs-biography
    Was he "Director of Training" when this hot mess happened?

The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Was he "Director of Training" when this hot mess happened?
    Whut...theeee....fuck

Quote Originally Posted by jondoe297 View Post
    There is a certain level of amusement to be had from the fact that in this day and age, there are people who seem to think that they are the first to ponder that point of contention. Will this Yeager spinoff next post a video recommending either 9mm or 45 over the other?
    Much like Yeager, he's a big proponent of 9mm, but he's been very careful to go out of his way of not caring what caliber you shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Much like Yeager, he's a big proponent of 9mm, but he's been very careful to go out of his way of not caring what caliber you shoot.
    The point of my post may have been missed. It was that the guy is a little late to the game on the safety/no safety debate. If he's going to make videos on points that were being debated over a decade ago, he may as well dive head-first into caliber as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Whut...theeee....fuck

Nothing that those mutants at TR do surprises me.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And I am still in a bit of a quandary on what to recommend to folks that I know are going to shoot some, but not a lot. ... The more deliberate trigger is what we would all call crappy, but it might be a nice compromise for a less dedicated shooter who is not going to be successful at great distance anyway.
    You know what? I carried 1911s with great three-and-a-half and four-pound triggers for many years, and I'll bet that I probably shoot the seven-pound trigger on the Glock I'm carrying now as good or better than I did any of them. Certainly when trying to go fast from the holster or shooting on the move.
    Last edited by Tamara; 10-06-2016 at 11:06 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List