Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Safety equipped pistols will get me kilt in the streetz?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    How far do I have to skip in to get to his opinion? I don't need to have single action explained to me.

(This is, incidentally, why I hate the fact that the Lazyweb has replaced written dumb shit with video dumb shit. I can read or skim at my own pace, but I've got to sit and listen to nattering to get to the meat of the topic.)
    FWIW, in youtube, once the screen is clicked on once to activate the space bar as a pause, you can jump forward or backwards in 5 second intervals with the right or left arrow keys. May not be news to anyone, but once I figured it out it sure helped my attention span when looking for the meat in various too long videos.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    He still lists Director of Training for Tactical Response on his resume. Which, by the way, is a masterpiece in the art of "hilarious fluff-work."
    Looking at it with the cynical eye of hiring someone, I see:
    Four years in the USMC too late for Desert Dust but over too soon for Desert Dust 2: Electric Boogaloo, some vague references to a brief period of time po-po'ing, enrolls in college three years after getting out of the .mil, graduates and gets a teaching gig for four years, quits that to go padawan under Jimmy Y. in Camden for...checks calendar...what looks like two years, and now he's hung out his own shingle.

<managerial voice>"So what the information in the 'work history' area you've provided on this application tells me, Mr. Henrich, is that we can count on your services for no more than four years?"</managerial voice>

This is the sort of resume that sets off several warning buzzers, but I do appreciate that he includes something of a training resume at the bottom so at least you know what's in the box. Too many times you'll see vague hand-wavy references to all the elite operators and SWAT cops that Instructor A has allegedly trained, but no information on who they learned from. Telling me who you've taught is useless to me; I want to know who taught you.
    Last edited by Tamara; 10-06-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Looking at it with the cynical eye of hiring someone, I see:
    Four years in the USMC too late for Desert Dust but over too soon for Desert Dust 2: Electric Boogaloo, some vague references to a brief period of time po-po'ing, enrolls in college three years after getting out of the .mil, graduates and gets a teaching gig for four years, quits that to go padawan under Jimmy Y. in Camden for...checks calendar...what looks like two years, and now he's hung out his own shingle.

<managerial voice>"So what the information in the 'work history' area you've provided on this application tells me, Mr. Henrich, is that we can count on your services for no more than four years?"</managerial voice>

This is the sort of resume that sets off several warning buzzers, but I do appreciate that he includes something of a training resume at the bottom so at least you know what's in the box. Too many times you'll see vague hand-wavy references to all the elite operators and SWAT cops that Instructor A has allegedly trained, but no information on who they learned from. Telling me who you've taught is useless to me; I want to know who taught you.
    Playing Devil's advocate, I can tell you from having my own storied professional career that has plenty of shorter term positions listed in succession, there are plenty of companies/bosses out there that warrant not sticking around for extended periods of time. While it certainly appears that simply job hops a lot, it's most likely not what he originally intended to happen when he first started that journey.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Oh, definitely understand that. (And I can't really throw stones; I'm playing to my rootless vagabond strengths by freelance writing.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

You know what? I carried 1911s with great three-and-a-half and four-pound triggers for many years, and I'll bet that I probably shoot the seven-pound trigger on the Glock I'm carrying now as good or better than I did any of them. Certainly when trying to go fast from the holster or shooting on the move.
    I really liked the way that SDVE shot quick and close, and you would have to be a real overachiever to ND the thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You know what? I carried 1911s with great three-and-a-half and four-pound triggers for many years, and I'll bet that I probably shoot the seven-pound trigger on the Glock I'm carrying now as good or better than I did any of them. Certainly when trying to go fast from the holster or shooting on the move.
    I can definitely run a 3 pound 1911 trigger quicker than a stock Glock trigger these days. What is interesting though is I did what I consider my best shooting in terms of ammo management, shot placement, etc when I was running the spinny-middle guns all the time. I feel like the combination of having zero bullets in the gun to start with and the deliberate trigger pull made me more aware of where I was putting rounds, and slightly more deliberate with the whole "aiming" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    He still lists Director of Training for Tactical Response on his resume. Which, by the way, is a masterpiece in the art of "hilarious fluff-work."

http://www.valorridge.com/pages/reid-henrichs-biography
    *Sigh*. Saying you were director of training at tactical Response is like saying you were safe-sex consultant to Liberace and Rock Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Was he "Director of Training" when this hot mess happened?

Dear God. I feel like I now have to apologize on behalf of an entire city. Or take a decon shower. Or both.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I really liked the way that SDVE shot quick and close, and you would have to be a real overachiever to ND the thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Wanna buy a SDVE40 with 15 round capacity? I wasn't looking to sell it, but read this thread and.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Dear God. I feel like I now have to apologize on behalf of an entire city. Or take a decon shower. Or both.
    Wait... was one of the instructors standing in front of the firing line during live fire? Or did I miss something obvious about what I just watched?

User Tag List