Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: France's new service rifle

France's new service rifle

#RESIST

Well that's boring. I miss the old days where every European country had some oddball unique space marine looking rifle. The L85, the G36, the Famas, the Aug, etc. Now everyone just uses what actually works
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Well that's boring. I miss the old days where every European country had some oddball unique space marine looking rifle. The L85, the G36, the Famas, the Aug, etc. Now everyone just uses what actually works
    Oh, you must have misread the article, it says that the HK 416 won...

ETA: the above is humor.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 08-31-2016 at 09:56 AM.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

I'd be curious to know the basis to consider the other designs in the competition (I know the SCAR was one, I don't know if there were any others) to be failures

Good news for HK, I wonder where all the old FAMAS will go

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Germans arming the French? Next it will be cats and dogs living together...

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The Germans arming the French? Next it will be cats and dogs living together...

Okie John
    It's a sign of the end times.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I'd be curious to know the basis to consider the other designs in the competition (I know the SCAR was one, I don't know if there were any others) to be failures
    HK is right in their neighborhood and everyone around uses their stuff, makes sense to me.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Is that barrel mounted front sight in the photo unique to the French version of the 416?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is that barrel mounted front sight in the photo unique to the French version of the 416?
    No, those have been around quite awhile on the longer barreled guns. Because most of the 416's we see here are the short guns, we are not used to seeing the service rifle configuration.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List