Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: wetted nitrocellulose (a key component of smokeless powder) reclassified by ATF?

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    How much you wanna bet that online ammo and powder sales had a significant increase last night?
    I am sure they did. Thing is the industry newsletter came out in June. It would interesting to study the cycle of panic and it's effect on people's buying behavior. That would make for interesting discussion.
    Taking a break from social media.

Wait, so now you guys are saying I *don't* need to buy ammo!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Wait, so now you guys are saying I *don't* need to buy ammo!?
    I doubt anyone would say that, its just the mindset while doing it that matters. Having the smug self satisfied feeling of having beat the panicking hoards has to be replaced with the smug self satisfied feeling of being wisely prepared so panics don't affect you much.
    Last edited by Malamute; 08-31-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Site Supporter
    ATF is officially delaying any changes on nitrocellulose: https://www.atf.gov/file/109341/download

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    ATF is officially delaying any changes on nitrocellulose: https://www.atf.gov/file/109341/download
    Thanks for the actual information.

Shocked face over here.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

After reading all that stuff and seeing it was a couple months old I decided I didn't need to buy any more ammo, then I remembered the election is coming up and I needed to buy more ammo. So I bought it.

i'm running out of room to store more ammo.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    A delay does not mean all clear.

August 31, 2016
    Nitrocellulose
    - Update

ATF’s June 2016 Explosives Industry Newsletter included a brief discussion of Nitrocellulose,
    and attempted to clarify the circumstances under which wetted Nitrocellulose is considered a
    high explosive under 27 CFR, Part 555. As with all explosives, ATF’s
    focus is on the potential public safety risks associated with materials that can be misused or diverted to unlawful
    purposes. Subsequent contact from industry members who import, transport, store or employ
    wetted Nitrocellulose in the production of ammunition, however, has brought to our attention
    issues that were not fully addressed in the Newsletter and require further consultation and
    consideration with the industry. Accordingly, ATF has and will conduct further industry
    outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose. In the interim, previously authorized industry
    practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by justcor View Post
    A delay does not mean all clear.

August 31, 2016
    Nitrocellulose
    - Update

ATF’s June 2016 Explosives Industry Newsletter included a brief discussion of Nitrocellulose,
    and attempted to clarify the circumstances under which wetted Nitrocellulose is considered a
    high explosive under 27 CFR, Part 555. As with all explosives, ATF’s
    focus is on the potential public safety risks associated with materials that can be misused or diverted to unlawful
    purposes. Subsequent contact from industry members who import, transport, store or employ
    wetted Nitrocellulose in the production of ammunition, however, has brought to our attention
    issues that were not fully addressed in the Newsletter and require further consultation and
    consideration with the industry. Accordingly, ATF has and will conduct further industry
    outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose. In the interim, previously authorized industry
    practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected.
    It does as far as there can ever be "all clear" when dealing with regulatory agencies. If they choose to revisit, we'll fight, but until that happens, this is the best possible solution.

User Tag List