Thread: New Toy

New Toy

Found this on Gunbroker. I'm a sucker for left handed stuff and had to have it. Holster is by Lawrence and I'll bet money that this is a unique holster. How many carved left hand holsters for scoped guns can there be? Gun is a Model 48-2 from 1974 in 22WMR. Not even a turn line.

Name:  IMG_6961.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6959.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  34.0 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

That is not a "Toy". That is pure American blued steel and Gunleather! Nice find.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'm not even left handed but I'd have bought that rig. Custom leather, Leupold glass, and a S&W. It doesn't get much better than that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Congrats!

Very nice!

Site Supporter
    Smith used to make a service available for Model 48s of installing a standard LR cylinder at a modest charge. I always wanted a 4" Model 48 and recently missed out on one at an in factory sale for Colt employees. Nyeti can tell you what I did score at that one though!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    That is super sweet. Love that holster. That pistol is just begging to go squirrel hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Smith used to make a service available for Model 48s of installing a standard LR cylinder at a modest charge. I always wanted a 4" Model 48 and recently missed out on one at an in factory sale for Colt employees. Nyeti can tell you what I did score at that one though!
    I've got a Model 53 with a spare cylinder that's chambered for 22 WMR. I understand that if it is original, it is very rare with most of the spare cylinders being .22LR. Probably should send in a request for a letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    That is super sweet. Love that holster. That pistol is just begging to go squirrel hunting
    The holster sealed the deal for me.

Slick. A high school buddy had an 8-3/8th M48 I coveted. Shoulda got one from J&G Sales when I went in the service; got the 29 but forgot about the .22 Mag.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

User Tag List