Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shield + 2 J's = G17 + 1 J (I hope)

Hubcap,

I have a few years on you but I'm a green hand with insufficient handgun experience to offer any meaningful suggestions. New York reloads are prohibited here. In 2013, I got my first pistol - a 9mm Shield which I now carry with a spare magazine. Although I have a small frame, the Shield is a little thin for me (Glock 26 way too thick!). I have a S&W 637 that I generally only shoot at the range. It came as a surprise to me that I liked the DA trigger. So as soon as I become more proficient with the Shield (as of now my accuracy begins to suffer beyond 15 yards), I intend to move to a DA/SA auto loader for EDC.

LSP972, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. In another post I recall you had mentioned you were scheduled for surgery. Couldn't send you a supportive comment because I wasn't registered and I didn't know whether I'd join up. A year and a half ago, I had surgery. Well, I'm above ground, but I have to make adjustments in living with some bad residual effects. Hang in there, I'm hoping you will be alright.

Thanks, Hoss.

Like the man said as he passed the 57th floor on the way down from the roof... "So far, so good!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I think no matter what you decide on carrying a gun of any kind is better than carrying no gun at all.
    Given the shit some give in other threads about inferior guns I found this statement a little amusing. Don't get me wrong - I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I just found it amusing.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Given the shit some give in other threads about inferior guns...
    I would offer that "A Shield will probably solve most any situation Joe or Jane CCW Toter find themselves in," and "A Shield is not as capable a carry gun as a full-size M&P," are not mutually incompatible statements.

I carry Glock 19/17-sized guns because I can. If a situation arises (or the time comes) that I can't, I'll adjust and drive on with whatever I can carry.

I hope that's not taken as "shit giving".
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I would offer that "A Shield will probably solve most any situation Joe or Jane CCW Toter find themselves in," and "A Shield is not as capable a carry gun as a full-size M&P," are not mutually incompatible statements.
    I agree with this statement as well.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Given the shit some give in other threads about inferior guns I found this statement a little amusing. Don't get me wrong - I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I just found it amusing.
    Well, as a medical student who shoots for fun, I can't really claim to the highest of speeds or lowest of drugs, and my non-Operator level advice probably reflects that.

I've found the Shield to be more accurate, and have better triggers than full-size M&P9s. Shield's carry more rounds than the 1911s and revolvers that had been used by the police and military for over a century. It's no slouch.
    Last edited by Gewehr3; 09-11-2016 at 09:35 AM.

User Tag List