Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB G26 vs G43

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In so many ways, like shootability, capacity and reliability, the 26 is a small service pistol while the 43 is a large pocket pistol.
    So true. I bought the 26 when they first became available at our local "cop shop" down in South FL in 1995 or so.
    Traded in my S&W 36, (a move I regret in hindsight), toward the purchase.

I thought it would really only be useful as a backup with more firepower than the revolver offered but the truth is that I often shot better qualification scores with the 26 than I did with my 19 which I had purchased in 1989.

They are two firearms that have proven themselves worthy in every respect and I'd be hard pressed to find another I'd feel more confident with going into the field.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I somehow ended up with 3 more glocks than I intended to purchase over the last year... oops?
    My obsession with police agency marked guns ended up with me owning a Gen 3 Glock 23, which I learned thereafter was a mistake, but I got it dirt cheap and the agency marking is neat so I'll keep it.

Summit Gun Broker has basically mint condition agency marked Gen 3 G17s, so even though I vastly prefer Gen 4 guns I'll probably end up with that. So somehow they keep piling up for me, too.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

My G43 in a Keeper Errand is my gym shorts gun. Been wearing mine most of the day, yard work, mowing and gutters to be done....

If I am wearing real shorts or pants it's a G19 or 17 AIWB, I only need the tiny gun for that gym/boardshorts mission.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 08-29-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Never found a time a I could conceal a G26, but not a G19--so the G26's went away...

I even prefer a G19 w/grip cut for a G26 mag to a G26.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 08-29-2016 at 10:47 PM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Sold my 26 because I carried it in a 19 holster. Now I own two 19s

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I think this is very dependent on how you carry. For me, carrying AIWB, the butt matters, but the difference between the 26 and 19 slide is irrelevant. For my wife, who carries daily behind the hip in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit, the slide and butt length difference between a 19 and 26 is enormous, in terms of printing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think this is very dependent on how you carry. For me, carrying AIWB, the butt matters, but the difference between the 26 and 19 slide is irrelevant. For my wife, who carries daily behind the hip in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit, the slide and butt length difference between a 19 and 26 is enormous, in terms of printing.
    True that. IME, My PM9 is no more concealable and no more comfortable than my P229 since I carry AIWB.
    Last edited by TGS; 08-30-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Yep.. Tried to like appendix for the ability to conceal a larger gun, but I couldn't get appendix to work for me with a wedge. It's fine without a foam wedge, but I'm not going to flag my femoral with a pistol. Some are fine with it, I am not.

G26 shoots better in my hands than a G19.. I have several of both.. G26 conceals way better strong side, so that's that.

I don't dabble with single stacks because you can't squeeze nearly the same performance out of them and I'd get lazy with the added comfort.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Is there any reason J-frames are verboten? We've got a number of younger officers who view it as ancient technology, but everyone can if they like. This at a 250-sworn agency.

Oh, 26 for the win.
    Bosses aren't Gunfighters, they don't understand the J-frame several advantages. Mostly the feeling I got was there is enough approved small guns on the list and they look to avoid additions.
    Last edited by jslaughter; 08-31-2016 at 05:35 AM.

I've been revisiting this question: G43 or G26? I'm heading up to Alaska for a vacation with my wife, and will be taking two guns: a G20 (loaded for bear or with HST 200gr for general self-defense), and a subcompact for CCW in and around cities. I had been intending to take my G43, which I like a lot. But after a prior encounter with 3 carloads of tweakers where I felt undergunned with the 43, I got out my Gen4 26 and compared them.

They are the same size, except for thickness. I found no difference in concealability AIWB. I can draw and index the 26 slightly more easily, but both work really well for me. The 26 with a Magpul mag fits my hand just a bit better. Both guns have Gadgets.

Capacity: With a Taran +1 extension, the 43 gives me 7+1, so I would always carry a reload. The 26 gives me 10+1 (or 11+1 with a Magpul "12" round), so I might not carry a reload. Or, if I do carry a reload, that's at least 20+1.

Conclusion: I'm taking the 26. And my 43 may get a lot less use.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List