Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB G26 vs G43

About all I can do is "like" the first two posts, because GJM and JHC pretty much covered all my opinion bases. FWIW.

While the 43 is thinner than the 26, I find the 43 appendix holster still needs a foam wedge, and without the wedge, the 43 will print more than a 26 in a good holster with a wedge.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While the 43 is thinner than the 26, I find the 43 appendix holster still needs a foam wedge, and without the wedge, the 43 will print more than a 26 in a good holster with a wedge.
    My man! You just made me feel better about my decision to stick with the 26 & 19 in my JMCK "George" w/ wedge.

I had just (within the hour) sent an email to my friend down the road telling him I was gonna hold off on the 43 for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My man! You just made me feel better about my decision to stick with the 26 & 19 in my JMCK "George" w/ wedge.

I had just (within the hour) sent an email to my friend down the road telling him I was gonna hold off on the 43 for a variety of reasons.
    In so many ways, like shootability, capacity and reliability, the 26 is a small service pistol while the 43 is a large pocket pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I somehow ended up with 3 more glocks than I intended to purchase over the last year... oops?
    More like congrats? [emoji1]

To the OP - what's the guns purpose? Now prioritize: comfort, conceal-ability, capacity, caliber.

With that being said. I just traded my xds for a G26. With my current EDC being a 19, the 26 was a no brainer.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    In so many ways, like shootability, capacity and reliability, the 26 is a small service pistol while the 43 is a large pocket pistol.
    Yeah... I see the 43 as on the spectrum between J Frame and Glock 26. While it's versatile, the J frame is a better pocket gun and the 26 is a better belt gun.

Yeah... I see the 43 as on the spectrum between J Frame and Glock 26. While it's versatile, the J frame is a better pocket gun and the 26 is a better belt gun.
    Agree, and that's why I don't own a G43 anymore.

Site Supporter
    This was exactly my thinking as well. However, my department will not authorize the J-frame. I tried and tried to make the 43 fill the nitch but at the end of the day it wouldn't, plus the J-frame with an Apex trigger shoots better for me than the 43.

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter View Post
    This was exactly my thinking as well. However, my department will not authorize the J-frame. I tried and tried to make the 43 fill the nitch but at the end of the day it wouldn't, plus the J-frame with an Apex trigger shoots better for me than the 43.
    Is there any reason J-frames are verboten? We've got a number of younger officers who view it as ancient technology, but everyone can if they like. This at a 250-sworn agency.

Oh, 26 for the win.
    Last edited by coldcase1984; 08-29-2016 at 07:03 AM.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Nice way of describing it.

User Tag List