Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: AIWB G26 vs G43

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Who me? I own both. In the range reports thread I posted some comparisons between them and other Glock models. I'm keeping the 48 for range work and to see what's possible but I prefer the handling of the 43X . And AIWB I find a smaller form factor preferable in all cases so far.
    Sorry to dig up this old thread but I have often read that your "only Glock" would be the G26. But most of those posts were pre-2019.

Have you revised your thinking about the G26?

Reason for asking is I am currently selling all my extra-G19s. I am going to try one more AIWB holster with my G19s and if I can't get less grip printing, I am thinking about changing guns.

My short list, right now consists of G26.5 or G43X.

The G26 was higher on my list. But you live in a similar warm climate (I'm in West TN) and are thin like me and you shoot a lot and well.

Could you share your experience G26.5 vs G19.5 vs G43X as a CCW?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Sorry to dig up this old thread but I have often read that your "only Glock" would be the G26. But most of those posts were pre-2019.

Have you revised your thinking about the G26?

Reason for asking is I am currently selling all my extra-G19s. I am going to try one more AIWB holster with my G19s and if I can't get less grip printing, I am thinking about changing guns.

My short list, right now consists of G26.5 or G43X.

The G26 was higher on my list. But you live in a similar warm climate (I'm in West TN) and are thin like me and you shoot a lot and well.

Could you share your experience G26.5 vs G19.5 vs G43X as a CCW?
    Consider having one of your 19’s cut down to 26 grip length. I know @GJM is a fan of this mod, he might have some thoughts too.

I’m a skinny guy in the southeast and find the 26 length makes a noticeable difference in aiwb concealment, with the option of a 26 mag with +2 when max concealment isn’t necessary but I don’t want to strap on a 19. Fwiw my main holster is g19 length and I’ve found a pad on the back works better than a wing for concealment since I have limited horizontal real estate to work with.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 06-23-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Responding to the mention above, I think it is personal, and any of these are good choices. When I carry a Glock lately, it is almost always a G43X. For years, my wife carried a G26, and now the 43X is her 90 percent solution, with a 42 for when the X is too big.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Responding to the mention above, I think it is personal, and any of these are good choices. When I carry a Glock lately, it is almost always a G43X. For years, my wife carried a G26, and now the 43X is her 90 percent solution, with a 42 for when the X is too big.
    When I was coon fingering a G43x and G48 this week, I was underwhelmed on the feel of the two compared to a G26/19. My long fingers just didn’t feel right on the 48/43x.

George,

How is your performance with the 43x compared to a G26?

Site Supporter
    I think this is very dependant on body geometry and holster selection.

For me, I have 4 gun "sizes". I generally carry a G19.4 in a G17 length holster.

In a tighter T-shirt I have a G19.4 that I cut a bit off the backstrap to make it match with the bottom of a Glock mag with a Glock+2. This gun is somewhat like a M&P9c gen 1 size. It has basically replaced my G26.4.

My G26.4 doesn't get used must any more for the above reason.

My G43 serves no purpose with a belt for me. With a belt I really need a G17 length holster. Even the G19 length 48 holster don't conceal as well for me as a G17 holster carrying my G19.4 that's cut down. However, in shorts or pants without a belt the 43 weight advantage makes enough difference that I get better concealment and my pants actually stay up.

TLDR: G17 length holster works better with belt FOR ME. G43 works better without a belt because weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    When I was coon fingering a G43x and G48 this week, I was underwhelmed on the feel of the two compared to a G26/19. My long fingers just didn’t feel right on the 48/43x.

George,

How is your performance with the 43x compared to a G26?
    I conceal, draw and reload the 43X better, but the 26 is more comfortable to shoot, especially for more rounds.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    That's me. I literally have the G26.5 in it's original box, back in the safe, having removed the SCD and put the original Glock front NS back on ready to trade it for a G43X. For some reason I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

I need to go rent a 43X and shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like the idea and the specs of the G43X a lot.

However, it is extremely similar in size and form factor to the S&W 908 that was my first ever center-fire handgun back in the late 90's.

I hated that gun and traded it for a Taurus PT92.

However, I don't 100% remember exactly why I hated it. I do seem to remember that it hurt my hand to shoot where the much larger PT92 didn't. However, I didn't have a CCW at the time I had it because I distinctly remember using the PT92 for my shooting portion of my CCW.

But I might just have to jump in a buy one since no one around seems to offer any for rental without driving quite a ways.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That's me. I literally have the G26.5 in it's original box, back in the safe, having removed the SCD and put the original Glock front NS back on ready to trade it for a G43X. For some reason I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

I need to go rent a 43X and shoot it.
    I’ve sold and then bought again several G26s in the past. I’ve learned that I have to keep at least one, regardless of what else I’m shooting.

I’m really enjoying my PPSM2, but I won’t sell my 26 gen 4. At least not yet....
    Last edited by LSP552; 06-23-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’ve sold and then bought again several G26s in the past. I’ve learned that I have to keep at least one, regardless of what else I’m shooting.

I’m really enjoying my PPSM2, but I won’t sell my 26 gen 4. At least not yet....
    Just send it to me when you're done with it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List