Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: AIWB G26 vs G43

When I carry a 26, it's like, "why bother?" and then swap it with a 19 for carry. Now that it's summer in Texas, I need something slimmer, hence the Shield and P365.

The other reason I dislike the 26 is that it pinches the living shit out of my finger when I fire it. Extended mags, rubber o-rings that go around the mag to close the gap, etc, did nothing for me. I still needa hock it.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Sorry to dig up this old thread but I have often read that your "only Glock" would be the G26. But most of those posts were pre-2019.

Have you revised your thinking about the G26?

Reason for asking is I am currently selling all my extra-G19s. I am going to try one more AIWB holster with my G19s and if I can't get less grip printing, I am thinking about changing guns.

My short list, right now consists of G26.5 or G43X.

The G26 was higher on my list. But you live in a similar warm climate (I'm in West TN) and are thin like me and you shoot a lot and well.

Could you share your experience G26.5 vs G19.5 vs G43X as a CCW?
    My admiration for the versatility and capabilities of the G26 persists and I own two Gen 4's. They are spare alternative carry guns to the G43X however.

I've shot a couple of G19.5 and they're great pistols but I don't see myself wanting one as I have a G45 and 19X that I like substantially more than any 19 I've owned (which is now down to a singe one, a RTF2 (Gen 3).

For pure AIWB my preference for the 43X over the 26 grows stronger as I don't find it as sure and solid to "stick" the AIWB master grip on the stubby G26. IWB @ 3:30 I don't find much difference in sinking the grip between the two guns.

Pretty much all I've carried for a few months now is the 43X.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My normal, 99% of the time carry is a G19 but on occasion I do find that a G26 conceals slightly better with certain shirts.

The biggest difference for me is in the holster, though - I find that the DSG Rigel I normally use carries better by far than the DSG Orion I use with the G26 (or a 19 without a light...) I'm not faulting the holster, mind you - I think it is just a size/weight issue at heart.

I never even bother to carry my 43. From a shooting standpoint, it shoots better than expected but the grip size is far from ideal for me. I've kept it mainly just for use when teaching those with smaller hands.
    "A man's character is his fate."

AIWB G26 vs G43

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    My admiration for the versatility and capabilities of the G26 persists and I own two Gen 4's. They are spare alternative carry guns to the G43X however.

I've shot a couple of G19.5 and they're great pistols but I don't see myself wanting one as I have a G45 and 19X that I like substantially more than any 19 I've owned (which is now down to a singe one, a RTF2 (Gen 3).

For pure AIWB my preference for the 43X over the 26 grows stronger as I don't find it as sure and solid to "stick" the AIWB master grip on the stubby G26. IWB @ 3:30 I don't find much difference in sinking the grip between the two guns.

Pretty much all I've carried for a few months now is the 43X.
    JHC doesn’t know this, but he is my secret Glock Whisperer. Now I really have to go shoot a 43X this weekend.
    Last edited by RJ; 06-25-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    JHC doesn’t know this, but he is my secret Glock Whisperer. Now I really have to go shoot a 43X this weekend.
    Do eeet!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Put your 26 back together the way you were shooting/carrying it. Take it with to shoot along with the 43x and the 19 so you are comparing apples to apples. Maybe even just grab a 43x and shoot it a bunch before you make up your mind about selling a vetted gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Put your 26 back together the way you were shooting/carrying it. Take it with to shoot along with the 43x and the 19 so you are comparing apples to apples. Maybe even just grab a 43x and shoot it a bunch before you make up your mind about selling a vetted gun.
    Don't go below 3 vetted Glocks for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I will. Good call.

Should be interesting with my G19.5 gamer gun, G26.5 EDC, and a 43X which is like the legitimate offspring if those two mated lol.

I fingered a G43x/48 a couple times but I’ve learned fingering is not shooting.

It’s just work has been kinda busy and The Boss is off visiting the grandkids in Jacksonville NC so I have to watch the dog. Slipping off to the range is not easy.

Site Supporter
    I will. Good call.

Should be interesting with my G19.5 gamer gun, G26.5 EDC, and a 43X which is like the legitimate offspring if those two mated lol.

I fingered a G43x/48 a couple times but I’ve learned fingering is not shooting.

It’s just work has been kinda busy and The Boss is off visiting the grandkids in Jacksonville NC so I have to watch the dog. Slipping off to the range is not easy.
    My personal minimum is a main carry/HD pistol, training gun, spare, and a “Mini Me” for special occasions.

In your case I would justify a G26 and 43x.........just sayin.

Name:  E1E121F1-D537-4788-914A-99904C697C54.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  39.5 KB

AIWB G26 vs G43

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    My personal minimum is a main carry/HD pistol, training gun, spare, and a “Mini Me” for special occasions.
    That has been my personal baseline too... one of my takeaways from years of lurking&learning round these parts.

Having 3 vetted pistols minimum means I have, at least, a primary and a spare ;-)
    Last edited by s0nspark; 06-25-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List