Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB G26 vs G43

AIWB G26 vs G43

Has anybody carried both long enough to give an informed opinion, how much of a difference does the thickness of the G26 make compared to the G43 when carried appendix?

One is easier to carry and the other is easier to shoot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

^ if I could own but one Glock it would be a 26. That said,

IMO the difference AIWB is fairly gigantic. IWB difference is noticeable but less dramatic. To my senses.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm with JHC, I find that AIWB the difference is pretty huge. The difference is felt a lot more than the specs would indicate. I saw it said somewhere that despite it being only 4mm thinner, they removed the "right" 4mm, zero argument on that point from me.

Site Supporter
    I have carried both and for me it's the 26. I think part of it is the holster's available. I use a VG2 with the wing thing. I even have a little food bluster and he G26 conceals better. that with a Neomag in the left pocket carrying a 19 round mag, i'm GTG. Also the G26 is way easier to shoot than the G43, I this is because I have large hands.

Never carried a 43 but I used to carry a single stack xds. The difference in concealability is pretty big, favoring the single stack. That being said I decided I would rather carry more rounds in a gun I shoot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I don't have a 43 but I do have a Shield and a G26.

Between the two, for 90% of what I do on a regular basis, I would take the G26. However, for hot weather or environments where I my concern for personal safety is less than my concern for being made, the Shield does get the nod.

I think it's worth owning one of each if finances are permissive. They overlap enough that one can serve as a serviceable backup to the other should one be sidelined for any reason; but there are advantages to both.

If you could only pick one, I'd go with the 26.

I have carried a G26 appendix in a 3Speed Holster. But my EDC for the last 1 1/2 years (Everyday all day) Is my Glock G17 gen 4, AIWBName:  G17 05-13-2016a.jpg
Views: 1434
Size:  22.8 KB Name:  G17 05-13-2016b.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  32.1 KB Name:  Bigfoot G17 -b.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  28.5 KB

Right belt and right holster it's a PIECE OF CAKE !
    Last edited by Kennydale; 08-28-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

This thread is gonna end up costing me. I already have a "Gen 2" 19 and a "Gen 2.5" 26 but I've been "curious" about the 43 despite the relative lack of firepower. (My neighbor is a deputy who has two and has offered me one but I've been strong...so far.)

Sigh...

(Yeah, like it's gonna be really hard to talk myself into one...)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This thread is gonna end up costing me. I already have a "Gen 2" 19 and a "Gen 2.5" 26 but I've been "curious" about the 43 despite the relative lack of firepower. (My neighbor is a deputy who has two and has offered me one but I've been strong...so far.)

Sigh...

(Yeah, like it's gonna be really hard to talk myself into one...)
    I somehow ended up with 3 more glocks than I intended to purchase over the last year... oops?

User Tag List