Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB G26 vs G43

I've been back and forth on this issue a ton of times. In the end, I sold the G43. In fact, right now, for ease of cross-country movement, the ONLY Glock I own is a G26. For daily carry at work, I carry it with a +2 magazine, with a G17 +2 as a reload. Off duty IWB, I use a flat base mag with the same G17 +2 as a reload. For me, the debate is G26 or P365, and the P365 is HANDS DOWN smaller and lighter, and "feels better" in my hand (in fact, it makes the G26 look and feel positively HYUGE). But the G26 is easier to shoot on low probability targets, and I can reload with a "real" magazine, so, in the end, my profession tells me the G26 is the better "one gun" solution right now.

I say all of the above in light of the fact that, for the last 10 years or so, my "one gun" solution has always been a G19 as default. A combination of events has led me to not have one right now, but I'll be remedying that shortfall ASAP once my PCS is complete. Likewise, the potential future viability of a G43X or G48 with a 15 round metal magazine could change things up completely.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

Likewise, the potential future viability of a G43X or G48 with a 15 round metal magazine could change things up completely.
    Psalms -

Woah.

Did I miss this? I’ve not been paying attention to the G43X/G48 threads. Is item in bold an actual thing?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think this is very dependent on how you carry. For me, carrying AIWB, the butt matters, but the difference between the 26 and 19 slide is irrelevant. For my wife, who carries daily behind the hip in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit, the slide and butt length difference between a 19 and 26 is enormous, in terms of printing.
    I notice the difference between the 19, 26 and 43 in the AIWB position but a lot of it has to do with attire and perceived size in environments where carrying a gun is less socially acceptable. In hotter t shirt weather I am more likely to AIWB the 43 as per my needs the ability to make the gun disappear is more important than the ability to shoot it like a duty pistol.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-26-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I notice the difference between the 19, 26 and 43 in the AIWB position but a lot of it has to do with attire and perceived size in environments where carrying a gun is less socially acceptable. In hotter t shirt weather I am more likely to AIWB the 43 as per my needs the ability to make the gun disappear is more important than the ability to shoot it like a duty pistol.
    Now that I'm carrying a 43X nearly 100% I'm noticing the thickness difference a LOT. The 43X has changed everything for me with 11 rounds on board and its handling qualities thanks to more grip.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Curious why you chose 43x vs 48.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Psalms -

Woah.

Did I miss this? I’ve not been paying attention to the G43X/G48 threads. Is item in bold an actual thing?
    Yes, sir - an aftermarket company has announced soon to be released 15 round metal magazines for the 43X/48. Time will tell if they'll work, and what they'll do to the pistols you use them in (metal magazine vs polymer magazine release, etc), but it's in the realm of the possible to see a viable solution in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Curious why you chose 43x vs 48.
    Who me? I own both. In the range reports thread I posted some comparisons between them and other Glock models. I'm keeping the 48 for range work and to see what's possible but I prefer the handling of the 43X . And AIWB I find a smaller form factor preferable in all cases so far.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-26-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thank you. I don’t see the post with you comparing the 2 models much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by newyork; 04-26-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Carried both AIWB a lot. For all day carry, big difference. A few hours, not a big deal.

Glock 26 all day long. I have both, don't notice much difference at all in concealment between the 2. Actually the glock 26 conceals slightly better for me aiwb. I had my 26 on tonight bush hogging for 5 hours in a g17 holster, dumb I know. I have to wear longer holsters, even my 43 is a jm 43 long. Since I need a longer holster I rarely carry either glock 43 or 26, just doesn't make sense too. I do prefer grip chop glocks way more.

Both guns have been reliable for me and I don't think you could go wrong either way. I just think there are much better options than the 43 anymore.

User Tag List