Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Autoloaders- what to get?

Follow up- I went for the Colt 6920, which I should be getting in a few weeks.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Follow up- I went for the Colt 6920, which I should be getting in a few weeks.
    You have snatched the pebble, Brasshopper, now go and walk the earf. *gong!*
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

getting in a few weeks
    In PNG?

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    In PNG?
    I wish! No, I'm getting ready to head back to the US, so I ordered it in advance of my return.

Ah. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_S View Post
    I got one of those V7s as a first AR about two months ago and I'm very happy with it. I've only had a chance to put about 300 rounds through it but it feels great and has run without a hitch. The float tube is pretty narrow, so it's easy to get a good, firm grip on, though it does get really hot in a hurry. Three mags of ammo in 20 minutes meant I was having trouble comfortably holding the fore-end of the rifle, so you may want to invest in a pair of mechanix gloves in case your hands are baby sensitive as mine seem to be. I have a set of Troy sights on it that are great, especially with the very long sight radius that the MFR gives you. It's a heck of a rifle for this new AR owner and the guys at my shop were eye banging the hell out of it when I picked it up. No complaints from this neophyte owner. (You'd also be lucky and get the thing for $100 less than I did from Rifle Gear, as well. Since it doesn't say that it's coming with those sights installed, ask before ordering so you don't get blue-balled by getting a gun with no sights.)
    Have you had any difficulty indexing your support hand on that forend?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Have you had any difficulty indexing your support hand on that forend?
    I'm a new enough shooter that I'd be lying if I claimed to be doing anything that tested reliable or repeated indexing of the grip, so take the following response as being of dubious value. As it is setup out of the box, there may be indexing issues since it's a thin tube with movable rail sections. The movable rail sections that come from the factory are at the end of the rail at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions and, at least for me, that feels just a little longer than is comfortable to grasp. I am inclined, having read a lot and shot not nearly so much, to move the bottom rail piece back a few inches and put a handstop, like the Larue one, on it so that it makes a point that I can comfortably and repeatedly get a grip. The tube is thin enough so that something like an afg isn't needed. Daniel Defense sells the rail sections individually if you needed more, though I think the three sections on there are probably all that's needed for a light, sling attachment, and a handstop.

Thanks. Not sure I understand your point about not needing an afg on the things tube. Why would you need one on a thicker tube as opposed to a thin one?

Also worried about the heat issue you mentioned.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

User Tag List