Thread: Live fire training How many rounds fired?

Live fire training How many rounds fired?

A recent post by LOKNLOD got me to thinking about live fire training sessions. How many rounds do you fire during your live fire training sessions? What is the frequency of your live fire training sessions? Finally, do you reload your own ammo?

For me, it's 100 rounds weekly or biweekly depending on work/home schedule and finances. I don't reload yet, but I will start soon.
    There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."-Ted Nugent

Do you mean training or practice? The linked thread speaks to practice, but to me if you say training I assume there's an instructor there.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    Do you mean training or practice? The linked thread speaks to practice, but to me if you say training I assume there's an instructor there.
    sorry. I meant training no instructor.
    There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."-Ted Nugent

Practice round count

Quote Originally Posted by mscott327 View Post
    sorry. I meant training no instructor.
    What I usually start out with is a .22 conversion slide on my 226 is 100 rounds (two mags with 5-10 rounds) holster/reload work to refresh trigger control and reset point. Followed with 50 to 100 rounds of 9mm. working with a shot timer.

The .22 saves money, and the low recoil helps with maintaining sight picture and recovery. This helps with muscle memory, and the transition to full loads seems to be more rewarding, and the shot timer is a definite help.

User Tag List