And Doc has forgotten more about terminal ballistics than I'll ever know.

In the case of TB's, Doc and I often come off as being from two different camps. For those who don't know, Gary and I go back a long way, and he is the first stop any time I have a ballistics question. While it appears we often sit on opposite sides of the discussion, that couldn't be further from the truth. I take his knowledge and data and it is a big factor in my decision making when it comes to cartridge selection.

I don't mean to try to squash these topcs, but practical reality and experience has shown me that very few people have the knowledge and depth of understanding that Gary has, therefore making our backyard lab tests virtually irrelevent for any practical purpose. And our gunfights tend to be drastically different than what is envisioned. How important is round/caliber/load selection? I don't know. Chances are whatever fight you find yourself in, I won't be there, so it's not my decision to make. But if we spent as much time out shooting as we do talking about the merits of this, that, and the other...........the minimal performance differences from round to round, caliber to caliber, flash hider to flash hider, suppressor to suppressor............we would find a level of proficiency that trumps the performance of our projectiles.

Not to blow your question off Frank, but that is a much more complicated question that it appears on the surface. I will see if I can inteligently put what I feel are the important aspects of that question into a format that isn't Billy Madison jibberish in the next few days. Typing it out on a tiny netbook with sticky keys might be enough to send the computer throught the window, so I won't make any promises.