Thread: I get this message trying to respond to post in "For Sale or Trade"

I get this message trying to respond to post in "For Sale or Trade"

SteveB, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

No one can reply to for sale ads. You have to PM the seller.

In case anyone is wondering why, this prevents "ad stomping" a.k.a. shitting in someone's ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    In case anyone is wondering why, this prevents "ad stomping" a.k.a. shitting in someone's ad.
    ... as well as worthless chatter in a thread where someone is trying to sell something rather than discuss the item listed.

Copy, thanks.

How do I get permission to start a thread in the firearms for sale forum? I has things to sell

Quote Originally Posted by KVDT View Post
    How do I get permission to start a thread in the firearms for sale forum? I has things to sell
    Be a Site Supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Be a Site Supporter?
    Oh, I assumed it was a regular classified type set up. I just have one personal gun I was going to list. Thanks

Speaking as someone who has to deal with issues on an Equipment Exchange MUCH more frequently than I like, the system here requiring you to be a Site Supporter is an excellent idea.

Classified stuff is great (unless you're HRC) but it can get ugly if drive-by posters act in bad faith. Active participants in the forum have a motive for staying honest in their dealings. Keeping it to site supporters ensures that it's limited to active forum participants, because if you're an active forum participant a lot of us genuinely expect you to be a site supporter. Tom still permits this to be voluntary, but honestly, if you regularly participate here (including reading, not just posting), you really should be a site supporter. Letting other people pay for stuff you use is a dick move.

User Tag List