Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 Ambi Safety

SIG P320 Ambi Safety

Thought this would be of interest. Taken from Safly & Sons Sporting Goods's Facebook page:

I've only shot pistols with manual safeties, so this appeals to me in theory (it's not an H&K, so I'm not actually interested). Not sure if people will end up riding the slide stop with this safety, looks like the raised "fence" around the slide stop might help with that, though that brings into question the availability of safety-compatible P320 grip modules.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 08-24-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    It actually looks usable!

I wonder how hard it is to put on and off....

Daggonit, this is going to cost me money...That plus GGI drop in kits on the horizon could make a seriously shootable, aiwb-friendly striker gun (that can shoot groups in 9mm incase anyone mentions the M&P).

Seems like the position of the safety in relation to the slide release would be problematic by causing your thumb to ride the slide stop (if you're riding the safety like a 1911) and prevent the slide from locking open on an empty mag.

The new slide stop with the fence is pretty low profile. I think it will be hard to interfere with it while riding the thumb safety.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I don't know I grip the pistol pretty high and the safety looks like it would be in the way. This must be what they submitted to the MHS trials, I heard it's down to two guns and the P320 is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    Seems like the position of the safety in relation to the slide release would be problematic by causing your thumb to ride the slide stop (if you're riding the safety like a 1911) and prevent the slide from locking open on an empty mag.
    Interesting point. I would like to try one out and see if that is the case.

Yup, this is going to cost me money. The presence of an ambi, frame mounted safety was part of what drove me to the M&P. The two 320s I've shot had a pretty decent triggers. This seals purchasing a couple of these.

I would have bought one until the FBI went with the M. Now with the Indy thing, I am on the fence. Does the 320 have a slide lock?

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would have bought one until the FBI went with the M. Now with the Indy thing, I am on the fence. Does the 320 have a slide lock?

Doesn't need one to have problems... It's got Sig's history of QC[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List