Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK USP 9mm vs P30 9mm, both w thumb safety

HK USP 9mm vs P30 9mm, both w thumb safety

I've handled, but not shot both. Subjective non-shooting examination proved pretty agnostic as to which feels better in the had to me.

Thoughts on the two pistols? Which is preferred and why, or is just a matter of what feels good to my hand?

Thanks
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Steve, my experience is the P30 feels better than almost any pistol in your hand, but the straight sided USP shoots better. Plus, the best HK hammer trigger available, the hybrid match LEM is exclusive to the USP. I would ditch the thumb safety, go hybrid LEM, put the finger ledge OEM base plates on your magazines, either Dawson or HD sights, and shoot the crap out of it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Steve, my experience is the P30 feels better than almost any pistol in your hand, but the straight sided USP shoots better. Plus, the best HK hammer trigger available, the hybrid match LEM is exclusive to the USP. I would ditch the thumb safety, go hybrid LEM, put the finger ledge OEM base plates on your magazines, either Dawson or HD sights, and shoot the crap out of it.
    Couldn't have said it any better...this.

There is a 250rd (new in May) USP 9 with Trijicon HD's + eight 15 round magazines for sale on M4C for $850. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    There is a 250rd (new in May) USP 9 with Trijicon HD's + eight 15 round magazines for sale on M4C for $850. Just FYI.
    Just sent that guy a PM. That deal is too good to pass up. Was gonna wait to pick up a USP but man...

George

Can you brief me up on the hybrid LEM?

Thanks.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

"Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Site Supporter
    If your mounting a white light; they have different frames. You are limited on the USP compared to the P30

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    If your mounting a white light; they have different frames. You are limited on the USP compared to the P30
    Doesn't G&G or somebody, make a picatinny (spelling?) rail adapter for the USP?
    Last edited by rauchman; 08-30-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Doesn't G&G or somebody, make a picatinny (spelling?) rail adapter for the USP?
    Yes, GG&G... http://www.gggaz.com/hk-usp-flashlight-mounts.html

User Tag List