Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protective Shooting Concepts has a new website!

Protective Shooting Concepts has a new website!

Protective Shooting Concepts has a newly designed website!

Please check it out and see what we have to offer!

http://www.protectiveshootingconcepts.com/

running Chrome on a win7 machine...

images appear to be full length and size correctly to font size (you can test this by holding the ALT button and scrolling up or down with your mouse wheel).

Some images are fairly low quality / low res - http://www.protectiveshootingconcepts.com/about the main image for example.

The title/scrollable images are slightly too long, I'd take it back a 1/4th to a 1/3rd.

http://www.protectiveshootingconcepts.com/schedule - "Scheduled PSC Events" and the "Cancellation, Credit, and Refund Policy:" come up as light gray and are difficult to see.

http://www.protectiveshootingconcepts.com/contact - when I first click on this page it's all grayed out. After I scroll up and down a few times the text and images pop up?

I like the /social setup.

Gallery page should just be an embeded box where you post your images that people can scroll through - like flickr or imgur. The way you do it is nice if you just want to highlight certain images but will start to load slow the more images you add.

http://www.protectiveshootingconcepts.com/jays-bio - the spacing is weird and seems off.

italics - if you are going to use it for things make sure its bigger than the other text and/or bold because its easier to read.

Bottom right of the website you have "A Mopro Website" you should remove that, if you can.

The top menu icons should be bigger text, if not bigger than bolder.

Otherwise good stuff.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Thanks for the feedback!

Next time I am out your way for whatever reason please remind me to take some photos for you so you can have full res to use for your site.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'll be sure to take you up on your offer of skills!

Site Supporter
    First couple images I saw were of a 1911 and an EOTech, I'm out

/sarcasm

Very nice website.

Generally well executed.

If you'll allow me to get picky: (Using Firefox on mac)

Header:
    -I don't mind the size of your header menu font. I might decrease the height of your link buttons on the right side, but meh.
    -Your Logo on the left header goes to home. I think you could remove the HOME in the header menu. meh.
    -On Firefox (Mac), the header menu items drop down a bit when I hover over them with my mouse. That's pretty cool, but they stay down and don't pop back up when I move away. It creates a staggered look. On Safari (Mac) they don't drop down at all.

Home page: You might consider breaking up the background color, or something, between your "Get to Know" block and "Testimonials". Otherwise, looks good.

About page: Low Res Pic. Text is full width. You set really nice left and right margins on most of your other pages. I think you should do it here too. Additionally "This is our Story" doesn't fit with the content your text. Your "story" isn't a story (narrative). I would remove that line and simply say "About PSC" or "About Us."

Classes page: Full width text again. If you like the vertical listing used, consider staggering photos (left then right) or background colors in there. Right now, it's a boring, overwhelming wall of text. Next, I don't understand the way you ordered you classes. (Well, I think I do, but I don't). Pistol, Carbine, Pistol, Shotgun, Carbine, Pistol. . . It's kind of a jumble.

Schedule page: I like the 3 column blocks. Is there a way for your Protective Pistol 1 to link to directly to the Classes > Protective Pistol block instead of the top of the Classes page? (Please let me know if you figure it out - I'm working on something similar)

Jay's Bio page: The goal of the bio page is to connect with you, so I would prefer this pic without sunglasses. Jay's Training Bio. Spacing. Wall of text.

Testimonials: I'd put the author name on top of block instead of bottom, or maybe right justified. More spacing between blocks. On the computer, it's a wall of text to my eyes. Could use pics, varied background colors, or something to break up the wall.

Mobile Friendly (Responsive) seems to work pretty well on my iPhone.

Overall, nice work dude. Much nicer than the old site.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll note it for future revisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Protective Shooting Concepts has a newly designed website!

Please check it out and see what we have to offer!

http://www.protectiveshootingconcepts.com/
    Looks good dude! I'm viewing it on a Mac, if that helps.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Send your web person to USPSA HQ please. It's badly needed.

User Tag List