Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry Fixed Blade

Candiru all day long. Those little bastards can work.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I definitely would love one of these or a Shiv Works Disciple. Too bad they are no longer available. I might pick up a Reverse and do some modifications. We'll see....
    Craig has said that China-made Disciples should be available soon, maybe this year IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Craig has said that China-made Disciples should be available soon, maybe this year IIRC.
    WOAH! How'd I miss that?

WOAH! How'd I miss that?
    Because this is PF and it was probably on page 18 of a 35 page thread about something totally unrelated 😉
    I don't remember if it was posted here or on TPI, or if it still holds true, but I'm fairly certain he did say it.

WOAH! How'd I miss that?
    They're still available: https://www.amazon.com/Shivworks-Pro...ds=clinch+pick

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That's a Clinch Pick.

The Disciple is the Clinch Pick's big brother.

Disciple shown here left of the Clinch Pick.

My mistake. I know the difference between a CP and a Disciple (I have a Bang Tang one) but some part of my brain apparently decided that reading comprehension was not necessary this morning and turned that app off.

Site Supporter
    I rarely carry a fixed blade in a pocket, but I occasionally use a Chinese made Clinch Pick with the sheath attached to a Chris Fry/Raven Pocket Shield. Mickey Yurco, a police officer and knife maker in Ohio, makes a "palm knife" with an egg shaped handle much like a Cold Steel Desperado, but shorter, more practical blade. He is creative with sheath design, and my wife and I both have pocket sheaths for these knives. Not sure if this counts as pocket carry, but when wearing a suit or sport jacket, I sometimes carry a Bud Nealy Pesh Kabz in a sheath that hangs upside down from an inside suit coat pocket.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Mickey Yurco, a police officer and knife maker in Ohio, makes a "palm knife" with an egg shaped handle much like a Cold Steel Desperado, but shorter, more practical blade. He is creative with sheath design, and my wife and I both have pocket sheaths for these knives.
    Did you have the pocket sheaths custom made or are they available for sale somewhere? I'm intrigued. Got one of those knives around here somewhere, but didn't much care for the original sheath.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Did you have the pocket sheaths custom made or are they available for sale somewhere? I'm intrigued. Got one of those knives around here somewhere, but didn't much care for the original sheath.
    Mickey made the sheaths himself at my request. I did have to temporarily return the knives to him so he could mold the sheaths around them.

Talk to him about your needs. He can be creative with Kydex.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List