Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry Fixed Blade

I wanted one of those but they were $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I think I saw you reference that set up on another thread. Is that what you refer to as the shark fin holster?
    Also the OAL would be helpful. Are you still wearing Deluth shorts?
    Yes, that's the "sharkfin" or hook that hangs on the pocket to release the sheath as you draw the knife.
    The OAL is 7.25"
    In the picture I'm wearing the latest in fall fashions from Duluth Trading Co., Firehose Flex work pants.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I wanted one of those but they were $$$.
    Yea, and they hold their value because I paid Crusader a decent price for it.
    But it's been worth every penny.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I approve of this carry method.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    A semi-custom fixed blade P'kal I picked up off the TPI forum. I've never seen another one like it.
    What is the TPI forum?

The MDTS/RCS Moduloader Pocket Shield works well for this. A Spyderco Reverse with some reduced scales has been pretty solid, as is a production Clinch Pick. I've used a cord wrapped Ban Tang CP and it's thinner yet but have stopped as I don't wanna lose that particular knife.

I'd look to any of the appropriately priced Chinese knives and a shield. The biggest issue I have with the dedicated pocket sheaths is location. The P'kal Jody posted has a fixed location by way of clip, the others just sorta hang out.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I've been using a TDI knife for pocket carry for awhile now, works really well for that role.

I keep getting the urge to find a blade that is more utility oriented, but in this same TDI/Clinch Pick size range, so that it can do double duty as a working blade. Anyone have a suggestion on such a knife, maybe in stainless?
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Spyderco Street Beat.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I definitely would love one of these or a Shiv Works Disciple. Too bad they are no longer available. I might pick up a Reverse and do some modifications. We'll see....
    Last edited by Irelander; 08-24-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Chuck, the Esee Izula and Candiru come to mind, as well as the White River Knives Knucklehead and the Justin Gingrich/White River Knives GTI series.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

User Tag List