Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smaller/shorter 92 slide stop

Smaller/shorter 92 slide stop

I'm looking for a smaller slide stop lever for my 92. Does anyone make one with a shorter lever, smaller pad, or ideally both?

Site Supporter
    I've never seen one. If I wanted one, I'd be tempted to buy a spare and take a grinder to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I've never seen one. If I wanted one, I'd be tempted to buy a spare and take a grinder to it.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I have never seen one, but I would not hesitate to take a grinder to a spare one and make it my own in I needed to.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Not to hijack the thread, but am I the only one to accidentally activate the 92 slide stop and cause failures while shooting in a high thumbs forward grip?

I had to take a dremel to my P320's, is that what is needed on my pretty Beretta 92C?

Beretta needs to offer one as a factory option on a gun or as a replacement part. (Then it would be OK for production competition.)

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    This is exactly what I did with a spare P2000 slide stop. I used black Tremclad paint to cover the grinding. Worked like a charm.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Guess I'll try it both ways. I'll get a regular 92 and 90-two slide stop to modify and see if that works. Having my slide never lock back on empty is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but am I the only one to accidentally activate the 92 slide stop and cause failures while shooting in a high thumbs forward grip?

I had to take a dremel to my P320's, is that what is needed on my pretty Beretta 92C?
    This is common with a lot of guns. In most cases I find the issue is that the hands are not high enough on the gun, specifically the left (support hand) in this case. A lot of people, even experienced shooters, do not really get their left hand as high as they could/should and this lets the thumb of the right hand drop onto the slide stop, causing this failure.

The real issue here is many shooters and just trying to mimic what they see from other shooters without fully understanding the grip and what they are trying to accomplish. They end up with the thumb on thumb both forward grip, but they do not take full advantage of the surface area or how high they can be on the gun.

This is not always the case, but more often than not I find that it is the reason for the issue.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I fear a misunderstanding. My problem is not the slide not staying open after the last shot.

My problem is that I am I am activating the slide stop up while firing and causing malfunction. The meat of my thumb bumps the slide stop up because my thumbs forward grip appears too high. When I'm not firing I can feel the slide stop on that thumb drumstick thing. Lowering my hands feels super odd.

User Tag List