Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HiTS Revolver Super Test

Bumping this as I’m trying to find j frame drills & tests. I don’t have Facebook so can someone help me out with the times and distances on the j frame super test??
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Bumping this as I’m trying to find j frame drills & tests. I don’t have Facebook so can someone help me out with the times and distances on the j frame super test??
    From their Facebook page

HiTS Snub Super Test

This is all shot on a B8 Bullseye repair center on a silhouette type backer. This is all shot from a good low ready where the muzzle is below the base of the target stand.

10 Yards....5 shots in 8 seconds. Two hands
    5 Yards....5 shots in 5 seconds. Two hands
    3 Yards....5 shots in 3 seconds. Strong hand only.

For the "Advanced Version", you will draw from a concealment holster. For those using a pocket holster, start with the grip established in the holster. Also, at the 3 yard stage, two hands can be used, and 3.5 seconds in line with what we were comfortable with to hold black with sub 15 ounce guns.

Bumping this because I shot the Revolver Super Test for the first time in a good while today. Ran a very boring 4" GP100 whose only change from out of the box is a set of Hogue no finger groove rubber grips. First cold run was 174, which was lower than I'd like, but I blame on one very close 8 ring hit. All in all I shot 8 runs between that GP and my GP100 Match Champion. Passed every single run with a core of 170 or higher except for the second run of the day that I tossed one round horribly.

Most satisfying part of it was that I hadn't shot this test in over a year, and it's only the third time I've been able to shoot this year at all. Glad to see I'm holding a tiny bit of skill with a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    From their Facebook page

HiTS Snub Super Test

This is all shot on a B8 Bullseye repair center on a silhouette type backer. This is all shot from a good low ready where the muzzle is below the base of the target stand.

10 Yards....5 shots in 8 seconds. Two hands
    5 Yards....5 shots in 5 seconds. Two hands
    3 Yards....5 shots in 3 seconds. Strong hand only.

For the "Advanced Version", you will draw from a concealment holster. For those using a pocket holster, start with the grip established in the holster. Also, at the 3 yard stage, two hands can be used, and 3.5 seconds in line with what we were comfortable with to hold black with sub 15 ounce guns.

Ran this today with my brand spanking new virgin 642

Site Supporter
    I decided to try this today with my 642. I did it cold, using the last ten rounds from an ancient red and white box of Federal wadcutter and the remainder with my wadcutter handloads. I messed up on the three-yard string, I had "three" in my mind and only shot three rounds. I taped them and re-shot that string. The two marked shots in the white were from the ten-yard line, the other was at three.

Name:  IMG_0282(1).jpg
Views: 742
Size:  51.3 KB
    Last edited by revchuck38; 11-21-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Site Supporter
    Tried it again today with the 642, this time with a handload using a 125-grain coated LTC from Missouri Bullets. Two of the nines and the eight were from the three-yard stage, need to work more on SHO shooting.

Name:  IMG_0283(1).jpg
Views: 643
Size:  31.0 KB

This thread still alive? I shot the snubby test today with my 640. Below is my best of three runs; the other two were 143 and 146. I used my 38spl handloads: 158gr Hi-Tek coated over 3.6gr HP38. The gun itself is really where all the magic happens. It's got an action job from Eli at TK Custom, an XS small dot sight, and comfy wraparound Pachmayr grips. The 147 is definitely the gun, and not me

Site Supporter
    I tried this again with a M49 that I bought in the interim and a handload of a 158-grain plated RN running about 790 fps from its 1-7/8” barrel…and yes, I’m going to tone that load down a bit. I went a bit overtime on the three yard string.
    Name:  IMG_0309.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  42.7 KB
    I’m just happy my hits were there, need to work on SHO.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter

Snub Revolver Super Test

Only my second time at the range with my 640-3. First time since I added the XS Standard Sight and the Apex Carry/Duty Kit. I tested 30 rounds through it to see which rounds hit to the sight and at what elevation. I settled on my 158gr. FMJ FP at 754 FPS reload. I'll take 145 out of 150 for a first effort.
    Name:  640 Super Test.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  31.0 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List