Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: HiTS Revolver Super Test

Eastex- which timer did you end up downloading?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I gave the snub one a run with my Model 60 on the local indoor range.

I pretty much suck. Shot 134. The worst was, no surprise, really, at the 10 yard stage. At the 3-yard stage, the target was blowing around a little from muzzle blast.

Had to guess at the timing as there were other shooters on the range and the shot timer app on my phone was seeing too much noise.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Eastex- which timer did you end up downloading?
    I downloaded the Surefire Shot Timer but I'm just used the timer function today. It has split times and such but I haven't dug that far into it yet.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I downloaded the Surefire Shot Timer but I'm just used the timer function today. It has split times and such but I haven't dug that far into it yet.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"
    I think this is a better app than the SF one. Unless they've updated the SF one.

Name:  IMG_2979.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  32.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I've been contemplating going back to a J-frame as a BUG for work a bit lately. I had some time so I brought a old 340 PD over to the range this afternoon to do some re-familiarization.

Mid-session, I found a crumpled up B-8 in the bottom of my bag and vaguely remembered reading about a snubby test on here. I couldn't remember any of the details so I dug around on the iPhone and found this thread (and the link to the HITS book-face post). Bingo!

I shot the Super Test a single time (I only had the one B-8).

340 PD from a leather appendix rig under a t-shirt. Not too impressive. The first 5 shots at 10 yards were all clustered at the 7 o'clock, half in the 9 ring and two in the 8. [sigh] Had some extra time but I was hustling a bit b/c I botched my draw. It was a good reminder about the extra requisite attention shooting these little guys.

Any way...

10 yard string: 6.62
    5 yard string : 4.79
    3 yard string: 2.73

Anyway, it was fun getting the little 11 ounce monster out to stretch her legs a bit. Figured I'd share.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I've been contemplating going back to a J-frame as a BUG for work a bit lately. I had some time so I brought a old 340 PD over to the range this afternoon to do some re-familiarization.

Mid-session, I found a crumpled up B-8 in the bottom of my bag and vaguely remembered reading about a snubby test on here. I couldn't remember any of the details so I dug around on the iPhone and found this thread (and the link to the HITS book-face post). Bingo!

I shot the Super Test a single time (I only had the one B-8).

340 PD from a leather appendix rig under a t-shirt. Not too impressive. The first 5 shots at 10 yards were all clustered at the 7 o'clock, half in the 9 ring and two in the 8. [sigh] Had some extra time but I was hustling a bit b/c I botched my draw. It was a good reminder about the extra requisite attention shooting these little guys.

Any way...

10 yard string: 6.62
    5 yard string : 4.79
    3 yard string: 2.73

Anyway, it was fun getting the little 11 ounce monster out to stretch her legs a bit. Figured I'd share.
    That's really excellent!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    That'd be impressive with a 60 or 640, but with a nothing-weight.... wow!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I ran the Facebook version from low ready today. First run was my 442 using the CT laser grips: 144 5X. I ran it again using the iron sights: 146 6X I think. Hard to see. On my last run at 3 yards I went over time at 3.29 seconds. I was using wadcutter reloads.

Name:  442 Laser Sights.JPG
Views: 845
Size:  90.5 KB Name:  442 Iron Sights.JPG
Views: 870
Size:  88.7 KB

I spent a good bit of time with the non-snub one today shooting a nickel model 15 and a blue 24-3. Managed to pass it 12 consecutive times, 10 with the 38 and 2 with the 44 before I yanked a shot badly with the 24 and failed. At that point I was pretty well done for the day anyway.

FWIW, I loved it. The 15 yard part can really make or break you. I was coming in​ around 10 seconds per run at 15, 7 at 10 and right at 4 from 5. This was all from low ready. I think I could make the 15 and 10 yard strings from the holster, but at 5 I'd need to hustle a good bit more than I was today.

Best score was a 174, worst passing score was 167. Will shoot this again, thanks Wayne and DB.

I was gonna a run the snub version too with my 2" model 10, but I forgot to bring that gun.
    Last edited by Jared; 05-21-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    Ran this today in 36 degree weather, which isn't quite the norm in south effin' Louisiana. Did it from ready, S&W M67-1, handloads with 158 grain RNLs at ~800 fps. The two holes in the white were on the 15-yard string. And yes, I did add three clicks to the right afterwards.

Last edited by revchuck38; 01-01-2018 at 04:00 PM.

User Tag List