Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: HiTS Revolver Super Test

I do prefer my Jet-Loaders over my Comp III's.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I do prefer my Jet-Loaders over my Comp III's.
    Discontinued so buy whatever you find.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Of course they are. Seems like everything I prefer is discontinued or gets discontinued shortly after I take a liking to it.

I bought mine in a small gun shop. Found em in a old box. $5 each.
    Last edited by Lon; 02-09-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Name:  IMG_0476.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  51.1 KB

So lots of work to do!

Target 1 shot cold(literally, its was 19 degrees) I stepped out of my truck, swapped ammo, stapled the target and went at it. 340 MP from a DSG AIWB concealed.

Target 2 right after the first...all in all 15 minutes maybe?

I've been spending a lot of time with this gun and putting in a lot of dry fire and range time with it, BUT not under a time standard. It really showed...and of course I shot it faster than the par times.

I'm going to use this drill as a standard baseline for my small revolver skills. I have my own range so driving 5 minutes and shooting 15 rounds will be a good cold test of proficiency all in the matter of 10 minutes. I kind of like the idea of a standard like that to work towards and maintain. Drive somewhere step out and go...treating it like not even going to the range, just normal travel with an unexpected event.

Thanks again for putting this out there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootingrn View Post
    Name:  IMG_0476.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  51.1 KB

So lots of work to do!

Target 1 shot cold(literally, its was 19 degrees) I stepped out of my truck, swapped ammo, stapled the target and went at it. 340 MP from a DSG AIWB concealed.

Target 2 right after the first...all in all 15 minutes maybe?

I've been spending a lot of time with this gun and putting in a lot of dry fire and range time with it, BUT not under a time standard. It really showed...and of course I shot it faster than the par times.

I'm going to use this drill as a standard baseline for my small revolver skills. I have my own range so driving 5 minutes and shooting 15 rounds will be a good cold test of proficiency all in the matter of 10 minutes. I kind of like the idea of a standard like that to work towards and maintain. Drive somewhere step out and go...treating it like not even going to the range, just normal travel with an unexpected event.

Thanks again for putting this out there.
    You're very welcome! It does show you how focused you have to be with these little blasters. I heard somebody call J frames modern Derringers and I think that's not too far off base. When your carry ammo is ready for replacement, simply step up and shoot that. That's what I did on the posted photo with my 135 GDHP carry ammo (and two reloads).

All those high hits are something Darryl and I noticed when working this test up. We can get away with floating a front sight on a full sized autopistol or revolver, but in the snubs, that short sight radius gets you and causes high front sight shots to go very high. Another reminder that disciplined fundamental execution is extremely important to shooting well with these guns.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 02-10-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    All those high hits are something Darryl and I noticed when working this test up. We can get away with floating a front sight on a full sized autopistol or revolver, but in the snubs, that short sight radius gets you and causes high front sight shots to go very high. Another reminder that disciplined fundamental execution is extremely important to shooting well with these guns.
    It really showed that for sure! Even though I read the FB post where you and DB mentioned the dot and high shots and I "know" my holdover for different ranges, the introduction of the time stress and "just go" nature really showed the flaws in my competency.

Simple and revealing....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    They are??? http://www.pistoleer.com/jetloader/

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    The blips I've seen on the web say they aren't being made anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I was under the impression that they were made in Australia, and simply weren't being imported anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well....I suck but at least I know about how much I suck. Downloaded a timer app for my phone while I'm shopping around for a proper timer. I had a couple of strings where my last shot was a buzzer beater and a couple of others where I rushed a bit. This target is three passes through the test with a extra five rounds from five yards to finish off the box. All shot with my 642 with some of my practice wadcutters. I just finished them up right before dark and with the laser. I'd hate to see how bad I would have done without it. The low ones were almost all at ten yards, lots and lots of work to do.

Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic

User Tag List