Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HiTS Revolver Super Test

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    Looking at that picture I beleive you are right. It's Purty
    Everytime I shoot it or my beater Model 28, I wonder why one of them is not my daily carry. It just seems wrong for me to find myself carrying a 4" K frame .38 that was rescued by a P-F member from a pawn shop as "the one", especially with my inventory of awesomeness. The two guns in the range bag are always this model 14-2 and my original VP9, there is a reason for that.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Wayne and I came up with the "Super Test" and Advanced Super Test for semi autos awhile ago and find it to be a great shooting drill. We modified it for Revolvers.

1. 15 yards, 6 rounds 12 seconds.
    2. 10 yards, 6 rounds 8 seconds.
    3. 5 yards, 6 rounds 4 seconds.

Advanced version is same times from the holster. We score it by the rings on a B8 Bull. 162 out of 180 to pass. We shot it last Tuesday with Wayne's model 15 (179, that would have been a 180 with a small turn of elevation in the rear sight), and I shot a 180 with my Model 14. I currently shoot the Model 14 better than anything else. It's a fun drill that is a good fundamentals test.
    So we have the semi-auto test and the revolver test. I am just hoping Darryl doesn't take an interest in collecting black powder revolvers, or there will be another test.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I still Covet Wayne's M-15; it made me look good at the Roundup!
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So we have the semi-auto test and the revolver test. I am just hoping Darryl doesn't take an interest in collecting black powder revolvers, or there will be another test.
    No worries, I don't have the patience for it. I do have a Pirate flint lock in my globe bar in my office......just because you should have a pirate gun in it if you have a globe bar.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

They made a few full lug 4" M14s, too. I looked for one until I found out they only made 350 or so for one distributor and prices are out of sight.
    I thought about sawing off a 6" full lug but they only made about 2000 of them and I would be accused of desecrating a "collector's item."

Wayne and I came up with the "Super Test" and Advanced Super Test for semi autos awhile ago and find it to be a great shooting drill.
    I know this is a revolver sub forum but could you please put the semi-auto version of these tests here.
    I have a text file with all your tests and as of now it is incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    I know this is a revolver sub forum but could you please put the semi-auto version of these tests here.
    I have a text file with all your tests and as of now it is incomplete.
    Post #5 of this thread.....

Wayne and I came up with the "Super Test" and Advanced Super Test for semi autos awhile ago and find it to be a great shooting drill. We modified it for Revolvers.

1. 15 yards, 6 rounds 12 seconds.
    2. 10 yards, 6 rounds 8 seconds.
    3. 5 yards, 6 rounds 4 seconds.

Advanced version is same times from the holster. We score it by the rings on a B8 Bull. 162 out of 180 to pass. We shot it last Tuesday with Wayne's model 15 (179, that would have been a 180 with a small turn of elevation in the rear sight), and I shot a 180 with my Model 14. I currently shoot the Model 14 better than anything else. It's a fun drill that is a good fundamentals test.
    BTW - this will so be shot on my next range day 9/3 with my mdl13. As TGS can tell you I'm a fan of the TEST, and this is right up my alley. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by rsa-otc; 08-23-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Pre-lock S&W model 15 and 4" model 14 are GREAT! Smooth DA actions, great balance, good grips, good sights, mild recoil... you can't miss with them.

Site Supporter
    How does your hanen model 14's barrel compare to a later model 15-5? Or a model 19 or 66 for that matter. I have been lucky in the last few years to have picked up three pinned and recessed model 15s. How can you resist a clean k frame for less than 350 bucks?

User Tag List