Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecticut - 10 round magazine limit

Connecticut - 10 round magazine limit

New ccp holder and at the new purchase stage of a conceal carry pistol. Because CT has a 10 round mag limit , I'm leaning toward a single stack 9mm. Now comes the advice. I'll take all suggestions. Thanks.

10 round magazine max go with a 45ACP. At least you can leave larger holes !
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Quote Originally Posted by Mere Mortal View Post
    New ccp holder and at the new purchase stage of a conceal carry pistol. Because CT has a 10 round mag limit , I'm leaning toward a single stack 9mm. Now comes the advice. I'll take all suggestions. Thanks.
    Glock 26, P239, P2000SK, HK45C, 1911.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Any Connecticut ccp holders here? How was or is your experience with the choice (restriction) of concealed weapon. I wanted to love a glock 19 but why suffer the bulk of a double stack limited to only 10 rounds or get a Walther PPS m2 at 8 rounds and gain the conceal ability and comfort. I'm also going aiwb, probably jmck tuckable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I'll ad M&P 45C and Walther PPS M1 or M2.

This is what I would do if limited to 10 rounds.

I wouldn't necessarily carry a compact pistol just because of a cap limit, since larger pistols are easier for me to shoot well. Lightweight Commander in 9x19 is a very happy 10 round choice.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Mere Mortal View Post
    I associate the word "new" with DA/SA. Get a proven gun, P30 or PX4 compact. A quality holster and you are safe and good to go. Connecticut has plenty of good shooters who carry all sorts of guns, don't worry about the mags worry about becoming good and stay safe.
    Last edited by LostDuke; 08-22-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Pretty much this.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

1911s have become more popular here in CT since the new BS laws. The M&P 45 has a 10 round magazine and I know a few guys who have chosen them. A friend just picked up a pair of Walther PPQ 45s. He found someone to laser weld the 12 round magazines to a max of 10.

The Glock 19 is considered by many to be the sweet spot. Not too big to conceal, not too small to be a lousy range gun.

The best advice I can give you is to get training. There are a number of options available to you in CT.

User Tag List