Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cairn Terrier

Cairn Terrier

Wife really wants one of these. Anyone have experiences on these? We have two German shepherds and while I am against the idea, happy wife/happylife.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Wife really wants one of these. Anyone have experiences on these? We have two German shepherds and while I am against the idea, happy wife/happylife.
    I have had fox terriers twice and I like terriers, BUT it depends on how much experience you have with dogs. They are opinionated, and strong willed. Train them well, and they are super nice. Be lax, and deal with a small pest. The worst thing about terriers is the hand stripping, it grows old very fast but it must be done or their appearance will suffer.

I now have an Havanese, another hair breed and find it so much easier to deal with, a true sweetie. Might be worth look into that too.

Google says they are between 13-18 pounds as adults.

My cat is bigger than that...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Ya, I think its more a its so cute kind of thing. My wife is allergic to cats or I would of pushed for one because I enjoy them..

You're about to have a son... Hold off on any more critters on the floor until he's at least 6 months, especially with 2 Sheperds already. I am a fervent follower of the happy wife/life school off thinking, but I'd try and get her to hold of for a little.Ask her how she feels about it after your son gets home and she might say she wants a goldfish
    Last edited by Paltares8; 08-22-2016 at 04:41 PM.

What Paltares8 said nothing wrong with the dog but hold off until the little one comes home and is a few months old. We got our Shepherd when our little one was six month which was about 6 months ago lets just say it has been trying at times with a 3yr old a toddler and a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    What Paltares8 said nothing wrong with the dog but hold off until the little one comes home and is a few months old. We got our Shepherd when our little one was six month which was about 6 months ago lets just say it has been trying at times with a 3yr old a toddler and a puppy.
    Guys, I feel ya. I have had this conversation but I have a feeling I am reaching a point where I may wake up and a puppy is in my house . Just looking for opinions on them, the well wishes and words of caution are well received and well noted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by looseduke View Post
    I now have an Havanese, another hair breed and find it so much easier to deal with, a true sweetie. Might be worth look into that too.
    We've had a Havanese for 6 years. He's a sweetie and super devoted to everyone in the family. I couldn't imagine a more lovable dog. He's happy doing whatever you're doing. He does crave being held, either like a kid or just curled up in your lap while you watch TV.

We just got a kitten and he immediately accepted her into the family.

Chris

Cairn Terrier

I lost a cairn in a divorce many years ago. Otto was cute and smart, and is one of five terriers I've had. I will say that the hybrid vigor and temperament arguments go triple -- quadruple -- for terriers.

Adopt a mutt. Terrier mutts are especially common, and they're just great dogs.

Eta: if a dog is going to bite your baby, it's probably going to be a purebred terrier.
    Last edited by JAD; 08-22-2016 at 07:57 PM.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    I love terriers. Every dog I've ever had except my current one has been a terrier, from Jack Russels to Airedales. I'd have a terrier now, but I wanted to get serious about hunting birds, so I got a Brittany. Next dog, who knows? Might be another Brittany, might be a Vizsla or GSP, or might be another terrier. Momma only is willing to tolerate one at a time, so I have to consider it carefully.
    Last edited by Duelist; 08-22-2016 at 08:03 PM.

User Tag List