Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me about......2" K frames

Let me go look, I'll post some crappy cell phone pics.

I wanted to get them to shoot at mice in the back yard with my British neighbors.

The reviews on midway are terrible...though some of them are using all sorts of stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I wanted to get them to shoot at mice in the back yard with my British neighbors.
    If you have access to a .22 pistol, buy some CB Caps. Same noise, generally better accuracy (if the handgun is worth a shit). You'll only get single shot in a bottom feeder, but they work great in revolvers. Just don't don't use a real long barrel.

LSP972 was correct (of course). I was thinking of some of the other projectiles I bought to use with the Speer cases.

The Speer projectiles are clearly labeled as plastic, and I got them confused with the X-ring ones I bought.

Name:  IMG_20161018_204626.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20161018_204745.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  52.5 KB

My apologies for the confusion. I used a Model 64-2 as a prop, to hopefully atone for my poor memory.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    If you have access to a .22 pistol, buy some CB Caps. Same noise, generally better accuracy (if the handgun is worth a shit). You'll only get single shot in a bottom feeder, but they work great in revolvers. Just don't don't use a real long barrel.

I may try that. I have a S&W 43c, but it has the same heavy trigger as the rest of it's kin.

I have been eyeing a Ruger Bearcat, however.......

I may try that. I have a S&W 43c, but it has the same heavy trigger as the rest of it's kin.

CBs work outstandingly well in K-22s. Have murdered scads of mice, pack rats and squirrels with mine.

I would love a K-22.

I do have a hankering for a single-action rimfire. A buddy's 10-year-old son loves cowboy stuff, and I've got a .22 Henry on the way as well. He's a good kid, and I know he'd enjoy the Ruger.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Let me go look, I'll post some crappy cell phone pics.

Splendid idea! Take them out in the garden, give them some cartridges, explain the cylinder rotates anti-clockwise, and Bob's your uncle!
    Last edited by entropy; 10-19-2016 at 01:02 AM.

Bofus... that's coon-ass for "both of us".

The current production examples are quit nice, and not overly priced. Unless you WANT a K-22, I'd definitely get the BearCat for this sort of work.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Splendid idea! Take them out in the garden, give them some cartridges, explain the cylinder rotates anti-clockwise, and Bob's your uncle!
    The poor fellow had never even held a firearm before in his life.

His wife has taken to guns and Bourbon like she was born here. She is now quite fond of our state, admitting that "you colonists do prove useful at times."

User Tag List