Views: 459
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20161016_132319550.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  100.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20161016_132526785.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  78.5 KB

Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but it feels great. Threw some snap caps in it and can't stop dry firing. Came with these target rounds that I have never seen before. They use a primer to fire a plastic plug I sure they are a modern day lawyer's nightmare. Any other info on them would be welcome. I'm also looking for some suggestions on different grips I think I would like something like the Uncle Mike's Boot grips.
    Last edited by The Apprentice; 10-16-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Uncle Mike's boot grips were the rubber copy of Spegels wooden Boot grips which, going by the photo, is what you already have on.

P.S. great looking snubby.

Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but it feels great.
    If you haven't shot a 2 inch K frame before, you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Came with these target rounds that I have never seen before. They use a primer to fire a plastic plug I sure they are a modern day lawyer's nightmare. Any other info on them would be welcome.
    http://www.speer-bullets.com/product...g_bullets.aspx
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Thanks I'm really suprized to see these still made figured they would have gone the way of the lawn dart after someone shot someone else caused an injury and said they're just plastic.
    Last edited by The Apprentice; 10-16-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Thanks I'm really suprized to see these still made figured they would have gone the way of the lawn dart after someone shot someone else caused an injury and said they're just plastic.
    They are fun as hell to shoot spiders with, in the house!

I freaked the wife out one time, with the .45ACP version.

I dropped by the house in the middle of a patrol shift many years ago. The bride asked me to kill a big spider. I said "ok, in a minute". I went into my reloading room, cleared my Glock 21, and stuck a primer powered .45 brass w/Speer plastic projectile in the chamber.

I walked back out into the kitchen, living room area, and purposely fiddled around, until she asked me again to kill the big ugly spider. I said, "Oh Fine!", pulled my Glock .45 from my duty rig and watched as her eyes widened in astonishment. She was right in the middle of saying "NO!" when I cracked off the plastic round, killing the spider.

I think the term of endearment she used was something to the effect of "You are and A-hole!".

I thought it was funny. She did too, Later..

It should be noted that they will put dents in drywall..

The first time I ever "fired" a handgun was in an uncle's garage with these in his .357 Blackhawk. I was hooked.

I once bought some and borrowed an off-brand .38 snub from a friend, thinking that I could deter strange dogs from the female we had that was in heat, without really injuring them. Unfortunately, I had a brain fart and accidentally bought magnum primers, which the little Charter/Rossi wasn't up to busting. The thought was to give a sharp pain without any real penetration. Looking at the velocity #s, maybe it wasn't a good idea anyway.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Unfortunately, I had a brain fart and accidentally bought magnum primers,
    I did the same thing... and my uncle's 4" M-19 had no problems lighting them. That plastic WC bullet punched right through the rubber flap and 1X2 boards I was using for a backstop, and cut a small chunk of brick out of our house. The old man was highly pissed; the only reason I didn't tote an ass-whipping on that was the fact that I was home on leave, and in most excellent shape...

I have a set of those Speer plastic shells and rubber bullets. I had them at the recent Revolver Seminar in my range case, but forgot about breaking them out.

I got them from Midway on a lark, to bring an order high enough to get free shipping.

The bullets are rubber now? They used to be the same plastic as the cases.

Just checked... they are still the same plastic type (which I still have some of; Lord, those are at least 40 years old!).
    Last edited by LSP972; 10-18-2016 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Additional informaton

User Tag List