Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shout out to Benchmade customer service

Benchmade has awesome customer service. My son, a guy I work with, and I threw our Benchmades in a box on Monday to go back for Lifesharp. Of course we all have backups until the primaries come back again
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    So I fish down into my cargo shorts for the keys, and get this feeling like I was shocked with electricity.

DAMMIT! I pull my dripping forefinger out of my pants, and run quickly to get my first aid kit.

Took about 4 weeks to heal over and I have a nice scar for it.

I have a small scar on my left thumb from a Mini-Grip pocket reach, and another tiny scar on my right ring finger from the first meal I made with a set of Wusthof Classic cooking knives I got around the same time as my Mini-Grip. I'd only ever owned cheap knives and I had no appreciation for how effortlessly sharp high quality steel can cut. There's a Stephen King quote I read a few months ago in a short story collection that made me smile ruefully and rub my thumb's scar, a quote quite analogous to firearms safety: "You use the knife carefully, because you know it doesn't care who it cuts."
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Second all above--great service. They will also send you replacement pocket clips--highly recommend the deep carry clip from the 555-1, if you are Mini grip user. I mentioned in another thread (crappy pic below at link) that Benchmade agreed to add their G10 grips to my previously purchased custom S30V minigrip, which weren't available when I placed my original order. They aren't cheap, but are much nicer than the originals, and cheaper than some of the aftermarket options (and do not void warranty). They touched up the edge while they had it, and it is wicked sharp now. Only thing I'd note is that Benchmade does not sharpen serrations, per its website (Spyderco will under its warranty).

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-thread/page67

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Geez, I gotta tell my Benchmade Lifesharp story...

So, some of you may remember that the Karma thing around here kinda got helped out by LSP552 sending me (out of the blue) his Mini-Grip. Now, I disregarded it at the time, but he mentioned something about it being kinda sharp, and maybe nicking him...

So anyway, fast forward to a few months ago, and after carrying it for a while, thought I would send it off for the Benchmade Lifesharp service. Damn if it did not come back a few days later with a shaving sharp blade, very very nice.

I was convinced that they'd put the clip back on for right-handed folks, so, being me, I didn't think too much about it and absentmindedly swapped the clip "over" to the "correct" side (for me, being a lefty.)

Ok, you can see what's coming...

I am getting out of the truck at Lowe's, and realize I need to beep the locks. So I fish down into my cargo shorts for the keys, and get this feeling like I was shocked with electricity.

DAMMIT! I pull my dripping forefinger out of my pants, and run quickly to get my first aid kit. With one hand, I wrapped a 2 x 2 around my finger and got things calmed down, then strapped up some tape to it. Turns out if you clip to your pants and the clip is on the wrong side, it can auto-deploy on you. Whoops.

Took about 4 weeks to heal over and I have a nice scar for it.

I did swap the clip back over the "correct" side.
    Rich, that knife is bad juju.......I'm sorry.

Maybe gift it to someone you don't like. We KNOW they are going to get cut!

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    It's a monster, but I'm going to grab one of these Benchmade Contego's...

CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    It's a monster, but I'm going to grab one of these Benchmade Contego's...

That was on my list as a survival/emergency kit bag knife for the car. Very nice.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I'm clearly a big fan of the 810, probably my favorite Benchmade. Love the ergos, fits me perfectly. The M4 is excellent steel, holds a nice edge for a good long while, and isn't a complete PIA to sharpen; I'd love to see more of it in their catalog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Rich, that knife is bad juju.......I'm sorry.

Maybe gift it to someone you don't like. We KNOW they are going to get cut!
    Ha!

Actually I have carried the Mini Grip every day since you sent it. I ended up Karma-ing out my regular size Griptilian to another forum member.

On a serious note, thanks so much for this random act of kindness. What I think is really cool is that it created a culture of sharing here, and there is now a Karma section of the forum to support it.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    I'm clearly a big fan of the 810, probably my favorite Benchmade. Love the ergos, fits me perfectly. The M4 is excellent steel, holds a nice edge for a good long while, and isn't a complete PIA to sharpen; I'd love to see more of it in their catalog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do I need the coated one? Or is it rust resistant enough to go with the naked steel?
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Technical question for you guys: Any issues in using some blue loctite on the three clip mounting torx screws?

My clip is kind of coming loose from time to time...I was thinking since I had the blue loctite, just a bit on each would set them in place more.

Thoughts?

User Tag List